“Nice hotel, nice room, great value!”

Comfort Suites Deer Park
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Deer Park
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed here for two nights in Feb. while visiting a customer in the area. Everything was very good. The ladies at the desk were friendly and helpful- and both my business partner and I were upgraded to suites. The bed and the pillows were very comfortable. It was cool enough that I didn't need to run the AC unit so I didn't have to worry about the extra noise.

The hotel had a business center although I didn't need to use it with the internet access from my room. I checked in for my return flight and had the boarding pass faxed to the front desk- the process worked well. The complimentary breakfast was one of the better ones I've had.

Best of all, the rate was $89.99/night so I considered this a very good value. I highly recommend this hotel for travellers staying in this area and hope this review has been helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DonnieOshkosh

Reviewed 13 November 2011

I normally avoid Comfort Inn's but here I was. The check-in was uneventful, The building was in decent shape, back door hard to get in, stairs creaky, but the room was clean, quiet, comfortable. Everything worked as it should. Not fancy but functional. I had an end room so perhaps that helped. I would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank John47
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Our family booked this hotel because of it's #1 rating with TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating considering we were there for my father's funeral and many of us had traveled long distances to attend. Even though we did not get the original rooms we requested (adjoining on the first level) the alternative worked out fine. The rooms were clean and spacious and the beds very comfortable. They allowed us to enjoy a large family gathering by the pool after the service which I thought was extremely understanding and generous. My only suggestion for the owners is to upgrade their wi-fi connection as we did find this slow. Overall it was a wonderful stay at a very difficult time.
If you need a nice spa experience (and who doesn't after 26 hours of flying!) I can highly recommend the Beyond Beaute just a few blocks on Center Street. They were extremely flexible in handling our group booking and took excellent care of us.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank OzPolo
Reviewed 13 June 2011

This hotel is in a convenient central location. The rooms were clean and in good condition. Everyone who worked there was very friendly and helpful. I was there on a business trip but I would definitely go back there on vacation with my family

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank RickUSA1
Reviewed 1 November 2010

I arrived late and was immediately checked in, by a very friendly front desk attendant. I was informed of a "happy hour" where they serve free beer from 5-7 in the lobby and given a bottle of cold water. Breakfast was typical.

One should note that this is in a dry (no alcohol sales) area, the closest drinking establishment is a few miles away in La Porte. This hotel is also in an industrial part of town and there are many refineries and chemical plants within a mile.

The wireless internet was decent as well, although it did not seem like many people were staying there so the load could have been light.

Overall the hotel was quiet, clean and comfortable and I would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 November 2007

I returned to my room to find my husband in the shower and a housekeeper in the room. I was somewhat shocked that when she entered the room, heard the shower she came in anyway. I said to her, "My husband is in the shower", and she said, "that's okay." I said that it wasn't and she needed to leave. She kept cleaning. I went to the front desk clerk, who then came up and asked the housekeeper to leave. I later talked to the manager, "Dimple" on the phone. He told me he didn't know what to say...that if it was such a problem I should check out. I said it's Thanksgiving, where was I to go? He responded, "The Best Western". What a "professional" reaction!!!!!!!!

I will never stay in this particular hotel again. Not even an apology was given.

Stayed: November 2007
3  Thank DHopkins
Reviewed 26 October 2007

Warning! This hotel overbooks. Even though you have a
guaranteed reservation, you will be told ther are no rooms left.
You will be sent to the Best Western next door which is owned by the same person as Comfort Suites. It happened to us. It was not pleasant.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank TexasTraveler222