“Good clean comfortable hotel at a great value”

Comfort Suites Deer Park
Ranked #5 of 7 Hotels in Deer Park
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed one night at this hotel having come to town for a funeral. It was located just south of Highway 225 and just around the corner from the funeral home, which made it very convenient. The front desk clerk was very helpful and even gave me a bag of pretzels and a bottle of water, saying that it was a gift for being a Choice Privileges member. They were having a weekend special so our rate was around $90 + tax.

We didn't arrive in time to partake of the beer and wine reception, but don't drink so that was fine. But it is a nice perk that I've seen at other hotels, also.

We did get there in time to enjoy the outdoor pool and hot tub, which I didn't even realize was in the shape of Texas until I read it on the Comfort website later. They were both warm and inviting and my daughter and I loved splashing around for an hour before bedtime.

The room was comfortable and clean and breakfast was usual hotel fare and was adequate.

Overall, I would stay here again and would recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Comfort Suites Deer Park

Reviewed 15 May 2013

I stayed at this hotel for five nights with my husband on a business trip. We had a great experience with the staff as they were all extremely nice and courteous. They really went above and beyond to make our stay great. The cleaning staff was great at their job.

The room was very nice and comfortable and I didn't feel like I was staying at a hotel. The bathroom was really clean. And the room even had a microwave and fridge which was very convenient for us as we stayed for 5 nights. The flat TV wasn't great though.

The breakfast was like any other regular hotel breakfast
but it was enough to get us started for the day.

Overall I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 6 May 2013

I was surprised to find that it had been nine years since I had last stayed here. Time for an updated review!

The Comfort Suites isn't a full-service hotel, but achieves everything it strives to be. I'm going to rate it a 5 based on that, recognizing that it isn't trying to be the Ritz.

The property is nicely cared for, and clean and inviting, and all the staff we dealt with were helpful and very friendly. The property is pretty quiet, though we found that the A/C units' fans are on the loud side: on the one hand, you had to turn up the TV to hear it, but on the other hand it kept up a 'white noise' that may have helped cover up noise from neighbors and the hall. At any rate, we did not have problems with external noise. Our room was clean and comfortable and the beds came with an abundance of pillows. I felt we got a good rate.

The included breakfast in the morning has a pretty wide selection, with something for most everyone including some hot foods and two flavors of make-your-own waffles that are in the shape of Texas. The management just started a Happy Hour gathering with free wine and beer in the evenings.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2012

The hotel is clean and not exactly new, but more new than old. Clean rooms and friendly staff. The breakfast was sparse and not well attended. Was just in for a quick business meeting and this was close to the location I was heading to. They do have a free reception round 5-7 PM. The beer was cold but the room was a little narrow and HOT. The temp outside was 110 so I can't fault them too much, but overall the hotel seemed to struggle with the neat.

The area is light on dining. There are plenty of fast food restaurants but if you want to sit down for anything , you only have a couple if choices. We opted for Jimmy Changa's which was recommended by the staff. It was a good pick for fun Mexican on the nicer side. The other option is Antonio's Italian but it is BYOB but there is a decent liquor store close by.

Room Tip: If you go to Antonio's restaurant for dinner, take your own wine or beer.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DPStL
Reviewed 26 February 2012

I stayed here for two nights in Feb. while visiting a customer in the area. Everything was very good. The ladies at the desk were friendly and helpful- and both my business partner and I were upgraded to suites. The bed and the pillows were very comfortable. It was cool enough that I didn't need to run the AC unit so I didn't have to worry about the extra noise.

The hotel had a business center although I didn't need to use it with the internet access from my room. I checked in for my return flight and had the boarding pass faxed to the front desk- the process worked well. The complimentary breakfast was one of the better ones I've had.

Best of all, the rate was $89.99/night so I considered this a very good value. I highly recommend this hotel for travellers staying in this area and hope this review has been helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank DonnieOshkosh
Reviewed 13 November 2011

I normally avoid Comfort Inn's but here I was. The check-in was uneventful, The building was in decent shape, back door hard to get in, stairs creaky, but the room was clean, quiet, comfortable. Everything worked as it should. Not fancy but functional. I had an end room so perhaps that helped. I would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank John47
Reviewed 2 October 2011

Our family booked this hotel because of it's #1 rating with TripAdvisor and we were not disappointed. The staff were extremely friendly and accommodating considering we were there for my father's funeral and many of us had traveled long distances to attend. Even though we did not get the original rooms we requested (adjoining on the first level) the alternative worked out fine. The rooms were clean and spacious and the beds very comfortable. They allowed us to enjoy a large family gathering by the pool after the service which I thought was extremely understanding and generous. My only suggestion for the owners is to upgrade their wi-fi connection as we did find this slow. Overall it was a wonderful stay at a very difficult time.
If you need a nice spa experience (and who doesn't after 26 hours of flying!) I can highly recommend the Beyond Beaute just a few blocks on Center Street. They were extremely flexible in handling our group booking and took excellent care of us.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Candlewood Suites
#6 of 7 in Deer Park
Americas Best Value Inn &  Suites- Deer Park / Houston
Home2 Suites by Hilton Houston Pasadena

Been to Comfort Suites Deer Park? Share your experiences!