“had a great time”

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Denison
Denison, Texas
“had a great time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2012

i have recently stayed at the comfort inn in denison texas for 2 weeks and just wanted to say that the motel was great . i stay in motels alot with the type of job i have and it is nice to stay in a motel where peaple really care about your needs and making sure your stay is comfortable . this is what i recieved at the comfort inn in denison texas ; if ever i am back in denison and im sure i will be , this will be the motel i choose. THANK-YOU Linda , Britney , Lori , Sarah .all of housekeeping for makeing me feel at home while i was away from home . because this kind of service is hard to find .
Eugene Helms

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Shamrock Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012

If you are not familiar with the area it can be a little tricky to find. Check in was a breeze Lori made our stay fabulous! No task was to big for her. The pool was great we swam in it all 3 nights of our stay. Housekeeping is determined to clean your room lol. We forgot to put our DND sign out and she beat on our door a few times to get in. We finally got up and around so she could clean. She did a great job but she messed with our AC setting so our room was warm upon our return but it quickly cooled down. The building looks like it needs a little TLC it has a musky smell on the first floor like the carpets had gotten wet from a flood or water leak. (its down by the laundry and guest restrooms) We were on the first floor so not sure about 2nd or 3rd hallways. The guest laundry machine needs fixed. When you push your quarters in its an act of congress to get it pulled out to start the washer. Thankfully there was a guest doing his laundry and after about 5 min of trying he was able to get it done. Our last night Lori was not there but another desk who seemed to never be at the front desk but outside by the pool smoking and hanging out with a work crew who was staying there. She wasn't wearing a name tag so I could not identify her but it was on Sunday August 5th. We did eat breakfast on the last morning of our stay and it was good. Other than the desk clerk with no name who seemed to have other priorities and the musky mildew hallway it was great and big thank you to Lori for being so kind.

• Stayed August 2012
Kiowa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

After checking reviews and researching hotels in the Denison area, my cousin & I met for a short get together, choosing this Comfort Inn @ Lake Texoma. (All of the hotels I found only offered a refrig. & microwave in the suites which cost more; but here they are in the queen bedrooms, which was something we wanted). Linda, the Manager, was so nice, and always making sure everyone was doing fine; the whole staff was very courteous and friendly. Since Linda had just returned to manage there after managing another hotel in Tulsa for awhile, there were some things she was going to get done that wasn't up to her standard, which would only improve it more. The pool overlooks trees and grass, which gives it a more country and private feel, which is nice. The breakfast was always great; I loved the Texas shaped waffle maker and they were delicious!! Thank you Comfort Inn!! I would stay there again, whenever the need arises!!
Brenda

Room Tip: I stayed on the floor level with no problems; even though the pool was not too far from our window...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank oklaBrenda
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2012

After learning of an emergency out of town I knew this would be a long drive. Before going on the road I checked TripAdvisor to locate available hotels along my route, just in case I had to stop for the night. Well long story short, around 6:30pm that Sunday night, 06/25/2012, I had to pull in for the night. Exhausted & hungry. Even thought it was a busy night for the Hotel Staff, the Front desk Lady, maintained a professional, courtesy & very friendly manner with us all. As she asked if I had a reservation my heart sank, (because they looked very busy)then she smiled and said we have just the room for you. The room was very clean, King Size bed, Large bathroom, recliner sofa, desk, wireless (which I always carry my laptop) large flat screen and a nice view. She even recommended several restaurants close by. Breakfast hours are great, hot & cold, great selection, clean breakfast area. After my nice breakfast I took a quick dip in the outside pool, plenty warm & clean. Opens at 10:00am. Check out is 12:00pm and as i turned in my card keys the Manager wished me safe travels with a smile. I have marked this hotel on my laptop planner for future travels. Right off Highway 75, wonderful selection of restaurants and quick access. For the price, the best deal all around! Highly recommend.

Room Tip: I didn't rate the Fitness center because either they don't have one or I didn't use it...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Stayed for only one night while on my way home. Very nice accommodations with friendly staff who recommended a very good local BBQ restaurant (Jones BBQ) about 3 easy miles away. Room was clean and excellent, although I had to ask the staff for shampoo which was not left by whoever made up the room. Location is right off the Hwy (75) at the north end of Denison and next to an IHOP and gas station. Area was quiet and safe. Easy parking.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Jenks, OK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was visiting my daughter and we stayed here last weekend. Great place and very accomodating. Was in a suite using my points and it was very large and roomy. Very clean and staff was courteous.

Room Tip: Get a suite at the end of the hallways if you want plenty of room.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Euless
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I moved to this hotel after having problems with another one in the area. First of all my room (suite) was huge and very well appointed. They must have an amazing housekeeping staff because the room was SPOTLESS. The management staff was wonderful. Breakfast had hot and cold items and was quite adequate. They even have a reception with pizza and beer (who doesn't love pizza and beer!) I wanted to personally thank Hope and Iaesha (spelling?) for helping to make my stay so wonderful. Laurie was very helpful too and they gave a lot of recommendations of things to do in the area!

Room Tip: Ask for one of the suites with a jacuzzi -simply amazing!
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert R
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denison
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
BEST WESTERN PLUS Texoma Hotel & Suites
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Denison North
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sherman
Hilton Garden Inn Denison/Sherman/At Texoma Event Center
BEST WESTERN Markita Inn

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma? Share your experiences!