I booked off the ChoiceHotels.com site and they really need to update their web site if a hotel is under construction. Construction vehicles everywhere, parking spots blocked, etc. I know you have to remodel, but you should be notified when it happens.
Check-in at 7:20pm was not good. Clerk said, "What do you need help with"? Gave her my name on the reservation and she said nothing as she prepared the paperwork and the key.
Hallways were all under remodel. Wallpaper torn off the wall, remodel materials all over the ground. Ice Machine on all the floors down except the first floor (I was on the 3rd).
Went to the front desk to tell them my room didn't have an ice bucket. She replied, "are you sure you don't have an ice bucket"? I said, "would I come all the way back down here to ask for an ice bucket if I had one?". She made some comments under her breath and left with a set of keys for about 5 minutes. Came back with an ice bucket and I asked what her name was. She wouldn't give it to me. I asked if her name was listed on the "Manager on Duty" plaque and she said, "Manager's don't work nights".
I have stayed at hundreds of choice hotel properties. This one is off my list going forward. I've found very nice Choice Hotels properties in Texas, but this one is not one I'd recommend. I'm not very hard to please, but this place just doesn't feel right. There are holes in the comforter on the bed and the paint on the walls has been very hastily been applied to show it has been "remodeled".
If I had known when booking off their web site it was under a remodel, I would have went down to Sherman and stayed in a Choice property. If you are going to be this much under construction, the room should have been discounted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy comfort and relax at our newly renovated La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison-North Lake Texoma hotel in Denison, Texas. Our Denison La Quinta hotel is located just a few miles from Lake Texoma. Our Leisure guests will enjoy staying at our Denison hotel, located adjacent to US Highway 75 near the Texas Oklahoma state border.Free ample Boat/RV parking with hook ups for Lake travelers. We are close to local attractions such as; the Dwight Eisenhower Birthplace, Lake Texoma, Choctaw Casino,Allen Outlet Mall...See more Shopping and nine beautiful city parks. Spend the day shopping in the historic downtown arts district. Our rooms at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison-North Lake Texoma can certainly be appreciated by the Business travelers with our free wireless high-speed Internet access, state of the art fitness facility and our 24 hour free business center. We are situated within a short distance of Ruiz Foods, Cigna Health Care, Caterpillar, Tyson Foods, and Texoma Medical Center.As well as Texas Instruments and the Kwikset Corporation. Pick up a free USA Today in the atrium-style lobby, plus a free full hot Bright Side Breakfast in the large dining area every morning. You can also stop by our Bright Side Market if you forget any of your essential amenities. Guest room styles vary, but all are clean and comfortable, cared for by our friendly staff. All rooms feature free high-speed Internet access, a coffee maker, hair dryer, and much more. The guest laundry facility is available at a nominal fee ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LaQuinta, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Denison - North Lake Texoma reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Inn & Suites Lake Texoma Hotel Denison
- Comfort Inn And Suites Lake Texoma
- Comfort Inn Denison
- Denison Comfort Inn