“Nice place”

Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Denison
Reviewed 29 December 2013

This was a nice place to stay in Denison. Rooms are decorated nicely and contemporary. We got the suite with a jacuzzi tub just because we wanted the extra square footage. I wish they had adjoining rooms, but liked this place and would definitely stay here again. Staff was very friendly and the place was very clean.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel the weekend before Thanksgiving. After I checked out I noticed small bites appearing all over my back, chest, and arms. A few days after that all of the affected areas were swollen and beat red. My suspicion- bed bugs. I now have very dark marks all over my back, chest, and arms. I not only contacted the hotel, but the corporate office as well concerning this matter. The manager did not get back to me and they never got back to the corporate office. Here I am two days after Christmas (over a month later) with NO resolution. I didn't even ask for my money back! I just wanted an honest answer as to whether they had bed bugs or not. At this point I am beyong frustrated and I will be persuing a full refund. The hotel staff was lovely, but the experience I had with the manager (or lack thereof) has most definitely over-shadowed the hotel staff. Save yourself the frustration!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank samantha d
44644, Director of Sales at Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Dear Samantha,

First and foremost I would like to apologize on behalf of all of us here at the Best Western on the delay of response towards your concerns. We do appreciate your review and take your opinion very seriously. As to the bed bugs, I would like to notify you that we have a weekly check by our Pest Control company in all of our rooms and have not had any problems with bed bugs or any other insects. We also had a note written down by our front desk staff to check the room you had stayed in specifically after we had received your phone call and nothing was found. Please feel free to contact me directly at 214-864-1004 for any further questions or concerns that you may have. We really do appreciate your choice to stay with us and also give us your honest feedback. We also hope that you if you choose to come into the area in the future that you would think about considering us again. Thank you again for your review.

Ridhi Patel

Reviewed 14 December 2013 via mobile

We decided to stay here unexpectadly and it was worth it. Got a great rate and the room was very nice and clean. The lobby had free beers 2per person which was very nice esp after a long drive down from WI. The breakfast was nice and had a good selection. The only complaint was the indoor pool/hottub. My eyes were burning from the chlorine just sitting in there and the bathroom was gross and dirty. The entire poolroom was full of steam and extremely slippery from precipitation. The fitness center had 2 treadmills and an eliptical. Their was a weightbench but very small selection. Overall great place to stay on a whim.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 December 2013

This hotel is one not to visit any time soon. The pool had a very, very strong smell of chlorine (so much so that my wife had a bad reaction and you could smell it all the way to our room at the other end of the ground floor.) The breakfast at this hotel was unfit for human consumption (gravy for biscuits was stone cold, coffee was horrible (very weak and had an awful bitter taste like under perked coffee) and the sausage patties were barely warm. We were also delighted to find a mouse catcher box in our bedroom by the wall heater/ac unit. Makes you feel warm and fuzzy about sleeping in the room.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank Dale B
Reviewed 9 December 2013

We were en route to Austin for a wedding and stayed in Denison for the night. The suite was clean and the bed was very comfortable. I was trying to connect to the wifi and didn't know how to use my tablet to connect. The desk clerk was very sweet and hooked me right up. We went to the little happy hour bar that the hotel provided and enjoyed a couple of drinks and visited with the staff who served us. It was a great experience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We came to the hotel after being caught in a ice storm which stopped our trip from Dallas to siloam springs AR. We found the hotel to be very good value, clean, and very comfortable. The front desk was very helpful and accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel and I would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2013

It was out first time staying at a Best Western Plus and enjoyed the upgrade from the standard Best Westerns. The hotel is pet friendly with only a $25 fee. It also has a happy hour (limited wine/beer choices) and hot breakfast (think fast food/microwaved) workout room and business/computer center. The hotel is new and we had a king room with a seating area which was nice. The rooms also have fridges and microwaves. Very conveniently located right off of 75 and close to a number of shops and restaurants in Dennison and Sherman. The staff was friendly and helpful.

The main complaint was the climate control in the room - or the lack of it. A sign said that the unit at the window was controlled by the thermostat on the wall, but changes to temperature were no possible and the fan ran all night. The fixed temp was reasonable, but not ideal. That said, we would stay there again.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denison
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denison North-Lake Texoma
Best Western Markita Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant
Tanglewood Resort and Conference Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Durant

Been to Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites

Address: 810 N US Highway 75, Denison, TX 75020-1256 (Formerly BEST WESTERN PLUS Texoma Hotel & Suites)
Region: United States > Texas > Denison
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Denison
Price Range: £46 - £81 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.