“Nice Value” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Denison
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

This hotel is situated right off the hwy out of Dallas. It is a handy location for a road-tripper.
The hotel was clean and appeared new. The bedding was good and the bathrooms also appeared newly-decorated.
There were little things that reminded me this was a low end place, like the thin toilet paper or the very basic breakfast fare (scrambled eggs, make your own oatmeal, etc), but these were overshadowed by the nice room layout, the cleanliness, the quality bedding and furniture, and the convenient location.
All in all, a good value.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Broken Arrow OK, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

This hotel experience was a cut above most Best Westerns. I enjoyed the nice, spacious lobby, eating area, hallways and rooms. The elevator exit thresh-holds, about 6 inches, were tile. On the second and third floors there were missing and cracked tiles that could be a hazard to those not looking. The lobby clerk said he would turn it in to maintenance. From the appearance, it looked as if this was a problem for some time prior to our visit and yet it was in disrepair. This is a little disconcerting as the repair is not a difficult one if the effort is taken. Those who stumble into and out of elevators should avoid this hotel until the tile thresh-holds are repaired.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

Baton Rouge, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

The room was well-appointed and clean with dependable wi-fi high speed internet access. The staff and overall service were exemplary. The dining room was clean and the breakfast items fresh and tasty. The hotel's location to places in town are part of why we stayed here.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014

The staff at this hotel does a great job. They go above and beyond to make your stay a great one. If I was to pick this hotel apart the only thing I could find missing is scrambled and hard boiled eggs for breakfast. Overall a First Class Hotel

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

I stayed here March 29-30th. It was a Birthday weekend surprise for me. We went to get on the pool and hot tub, well I grabbed a hold of the pool rail and almost fell into the shallow end of the pool due to the rusted out rail anchor. The hot tub was dirty so I didn't get into the water at all. I went up to our room and laid on the bed for 20 minutes. I covered up with the sheets. After 20 minutes I was burning up and itching. I broke out in hives from something on the sheets. My boyfriend had pulled back the other bed's sheets and found black hair all over it. I went down to the front desk to find no one. I caught some guy sneezing in the pool room after he places a rock in the doorway. You need a room key to enter.
I finally got someone to help me up front. I asked to try some of the laundry soap they use. I am not normally sensitive to soaps of any kind. The young man up front was just nasty about trying to help me figure it out. I said "well I cat sleep in the bed if it is going to give me hives. He called the Manager and was told to get me brand new sheets in the storage room. So I'm given king sheets for a queen bed and new pillow cases. I am then sent back to my room to make up our bed. I called Best Western Corp. and they notified the General Manager. I was told he would call me. 5 days later BWC called asking if I got a call. I did not. So sad this owner gets to keep the Best Western logo.
DO NOT STAY HERE! I have traveled to 35 states and stayed in many hotels and have never had this happen. I also have never been totally ignored by a management team.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank JanetteinTexas
Charelston, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2014

Only complaints here were the bed being hard as a board and the breakfast being awful. Loved the hotel and location just wish the breakfast had been edible and the bed a little softer. Otherwise it was great! Staff was very kind and answered a lot of questions for us without seeming to be bothered. The location is very convenient and really enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Augusta, Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

Our family stayed for a night while passing through town. We were so comfortable we wanted to stay another day. Very clean, very friendly, great breakfast, lots of extras for the price. The only thing keeping us from giving a full 5 rating was the pool, it was a little cool for the kids, but the Jacuzzi was perfect!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denison
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Denison North
Hilton Garden Inn Denison/Sherman/At Texoma Event Center
BEST WESTERN Markita Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant

Been to BEST WESTERN PLUS Texoma Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!