“Your Home Away From Home In Texas”

Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Denison
Tempe, Arizona
“Your Home Away From Home In Texas”
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Manager very friendly and always has a smile for his customers. All staff helpful and knowladgable of the area. The room was spacious and cleaned to perfection every day. Always had plenty of fresh towels. The beds are so comfortable you forget that your not in your own bed at home, and the pillows were not the usual flat hard pillows you find in hotels. Having a hot breakfast every morning was wonderful and if you didn't want hot items you could just have toast and cereal. Close to shopping with a lot of choices of where to eat.

I would stay here ever chance I could coming to this area! There was never a time that I didn't have that "service with a smile". Upon leaving here after my business I would like to say I have an extended family with the managers and other staff!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
baseball5
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I booked through Hotwire. So I didn't know until I paid. I was a little concerned as I didn't know what to expect. I got off on a bad start, as we were running late and called their customer service. They hung up on me when I asked for a supervisor because they would not give me the hotel phone number, so that I could let them know we were arriving late. It was confusing pulling in as you can't tell you can turn right into the parking lot off of 75 but there is an entrance on the north end. The also have a road that goes nowhere that I stupidly went down twice. They need better signage. Our room was nice and the hotel is nice enough. The location leaves something to be desited. It is next to some pretty sketchy "houses." The hotel is new but the carpet choice looked like something from the 1970's. The AC has a sign that says the controls are on the wall. The wall control did npt work. We froze for a day and a half, until I figured out that if you lift up the panel the sign was attached to you could control the temp and turn the fan down a bit, but the off button didn't work. The walls are thin-we could hear kids screaming in their room down the hall. Our bathroom had this roaring sound going on in the walls the entire time. The room has a frig which is nice but it almost fell on my 9 year old when I tried to open it. Our remote was broken. The rooms are a bit cramped. There was a cat eating out of their dumpster that kept running through the parking lot and jumping out at you from under cars. The pool and hot tub were occupied most of the time, by a man with many tattoos entertaining a woman he had apparently picked up by the comments being made. and then by several construction worker looking guys. So we did not get to use the pool much. I went to get a soda and they were out on the 3rd floor, and the second. The bathrooms downstairs had no paper towels. The elevator is on one end of the hotel, but we were at the other, so we used the stairs....3 flights, up and down got old. So ask for a room by the elevator. The sad thing is from the research I have done, it doesn't seem to get any better around that area. Hotwire has this listed as 3 stars and calls the breakfast only thing a "restaraunt" I would say it is a nice new 2 1/2. If you never go anywhere or stay at full service hotels, you will probably love it. Otherwise, just know that this seems to be the best there is around those parts! If I was going to stay two nights or more again, I would probably spring for the suite. Oh and the Braums next doors was terrible.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank stimmer64
Dallas
Reviewed 8 August 2009

When we walked in we were immediately greeted by Trey. He was so polite and very helpful. This place is spotless and very modern. When we got to our room it was amazing how beautiful it was. They also have a great workout room. The pool and hot tub was very relaxing. The breakfast was really good as well. Everything was fresh. This place is VERY nice. I would highly recommend everyone to stay here.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 7 August 2009

I travel through here often and always stayed at another hotel...but decided to give this a shot. I am so very glad that I did! They have not been open long, so they do not have a lot of business yet, but that will not be the case for long as it is clean, comfortable, and absolutely gorgeous!! Kudos to the management!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
van alstyne
Reviewed 2 April 2009

I love my room!!!!!!!! Very modern! The ambience was to die for! I love modern hotels and this Best Western was outstanding! The workout area was awesome...brand new equipment w/ built in tv screens in the equipment...the pool area is indoor! WhichI love! The breakfast are was very clean and open...the overall service was greatttttt! The staff was very informational in regards to the area and the hotel! The price is great and I will be back!!!!!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank boddieshanda
Bloomington, Illinois
Reviewed 1 April 2009

We were traveling from Texas to Illinois and needed a room at 2:30 AM. By luck, we pulled into the Best Western Texoma Hotel & Suites in Denison Texas which had opened in March 2009. The quality we experienced for such an unbelievably low price was so terrific that I felt compelled to write my first online hotel review (I have no personal ties to this hotel).

First, Robert greeted us at the door in a black business suit and tie and was so kind and gracious that I forgot it was the middle of the night. When he could not find a roll-away (they had only been open two weeks), he gave us a free upgrade to a double king room. And what a room (more on that later). The next morning we met Trey, the general manager who treated us like we were old friends. He apparently manages another Best Western in Mckinney (north of Dallas) that averages 80% occupancy and is so committed to Denison, that he has been sleeping on site since the hotel opened. You could tell, they will do anything to see that their guests are happy and that this hotel will succeed.

The hotel is absolutely beautiful. Immediately it reminded me of the Four Seasons we stayed at for our anniversary last year, at five times the price. Everywhere there is beautiful tile, flat screen televisions, and a modern look. There is free breakfast: Belgian waffles in the shape of Texas (my wife and kids went nuts for these!!!!), sausage, eggs, biscuits & gravy, cereal, fruit, juices. There is free high-speed internet (wireless or wired), a business center, nicely equipped weight room, indoor swimming pool (kind of small) but with hot tub and open 24 hours in soundproof room. We saw a conference room when we were looking for the roll-away that looked gorgeous (though not huge).

The rooms are very large and modern with flat screen televisions, dark wood furniture, silver accents, thick, puffy, & extremely comfortable beds with a very thick mattress (Trey said they were Serta mattress with pillow-top). Families can bring a roll-away into the double queen rooms to easily sleep five. Most other hotels I encountered this trip will not allow more than four per room, a big pain for families like ours (three kids). But, our double king room was the bomb. King bed, pull out couch in the main room. But a second room with another king bed, flat screen tv, etc. I guess there are kitchenette rooms available (even our room had a fridge), hot tub rooms, and some other options. The bathrooms were not huge, but looked great (dark wood, beautiful earthen tiles), nice shower (not a ton of pressure but a wide shower head that put out a lot of water).

Anyway, if you’re traveling through northern Texas, don’t miss this rare treat. I wish Trey and Robert all the best.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denison
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denison North-Lake Texoma
Hilton Garden Inn Denison/Sherman/At Texoma Event Center
Best Western Markita Inn
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75
La Quinta Inn & Suites Durant

Been to Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!