“Perfect getaway”

Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Denison
Reviewed 25 December 2010

What a wonderful surprise in an excellent location. Destination was the Choctaw Casino right up the highway in Oklahoma. But I also found Denison to be a delightful town with great restaurants and loads of unique shops in the old downtown. Also close by is Pottsboro with its artisans.

The hotel staff were friendly and accommodating with some great recommendations for dining nearby. They also offered a complimentary happy hour and a delicious free breakfast. The indoor pool and workout center were a nice size and well equipped. But the room was just incredible and very tastefully furnished. Lots of space with a comfortable king bed, a large flat screen TV, a desk, a sitting area with sofa and chair, fridge and microwave. The bathroom was beautiful and well stocked. I could have lived here for a week and had everything I needed. Just perfect!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
44644, General Manager at Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2010

Thank you for taking time to respond and share your experience. It means a lot to us and look forward to trating everyone of our guest with same intentions. Once, again Thank you and we look forward to your visit next time.
Have wonderful and safe new year.

Vijay

Reviewed 24 May 2010

Vijay, the manager, takes pride in maintaining and managing a very nice hotel. The staff was friendly and consistently went out of their way to accommodate the guests. The hotel is clean and modern, with spacious rooms and comfortable furnishings. The location is convenient also. Set away from high traffic areas but still close to major shopping and dining venues. Becky, the evening clerk, is a great resource if you are looking to check out Denison and Sherman. These towns both have interesting history worth exploring! Great photo ops.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 March 2010

Manager very friendly and always has a smile for his customers. All staff helpful and knowladgable of the area. The room was spacious and cleaned to perfection every day. Always had plenty of fresh towels. The beds are so comfortable you forget that your not in your own bed at home, and the pillows were not the usual flat hard pillows you find in hotels. Having a hot breakfast every morning was wonderful and if you didn't want hot items you could just have toast and cereal. Close to shopping with a lot of choices of where to eat.

I would stay here ever chance I could coming to this area! There was never a time that I didn't have that "service with a smile". Upon leaving here after my business I would like to say I have an extended family with the managers and other staff!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 October 2009

I booked through Hotwire. So I didn't know until I paid. I was a little concerned as I didn't know what to expect. I got off on a bad start, as we were running late and called their customer service. They hung up on me when I asked for a supervisor because they would not give me the hotel phone number, so that I could let them know we were arriving late. It was confusing pulling in as you can't tell you can turn right into the parking lot off of 75 but there is an entrance on the north end. The also have a road that goes nowhere that I stupidly went down twice. They need better signage. Our room was nice and the hotel is nice enough. The location leaves something to be desited. It is next to some pretty sketchy "houses." The hotel is new but the carpet choice looked like something from the 1970's. The AC has a sign that says the controls are on the wall. The wall control did npt work. We froze for a day and a half, until I figured out that if you lift up the panel the sign was attached to you could control the temp and turn the fan down a bit, but the off button didn't work. The walls are thin-we could hear kids screaming in their room down the hall. Our bathroom had this roaring sound going on in the walls the entire time. The room has a frig which is nice but it almost fell on my 9 year old when I tried to open it. Our remote was broken. The rooms are a bit cramped. There was a cat eating out of their dumpster that kept running through the parking lot and jumping out at you from under cars. The pool and hot tub were occupied most of the time, by a man with many tattoos entertaining a woman he had apparently picked up by the comments being made. and then by several construction worker looking guys. So we did not get to use the pool much. I went to get a soda and they were out on the 3rd floor, and the second. The bathrooms downstairs had no paper towels. The elevator is on one end of the hotel, but we were at the other, so we used the stairs....3 flights, up and down got old. So ask for a room by the elevator. The sad thing is from the research I have done, it doesn't seem to get any better around that area. Hotwire has this listed as 3 stars and calls the breakfast only thing a "restaraunt" I would say it is a nice new 2 1/2. If you never go anywhere or stay at full service hotels, you will probably love it. Otherwise, just know that this seems to be the best there is around those parts! If I was going to stay two nights or more again, I would probably spring for the suite. Oh and the Braums next doors was terrible.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
3  Thank stimmer64
Reviewed 8 August 2009

When we walked in we were immediately greeted by Trey. He was so polite and very helpful. This place is spotless and very modern. When we got to our room it was amazing how beautiful it was. They also have a great workout room. The pool and hot tub was very relaxing. The breakfast was really good as well. Everything was fresh. This place is VERY nice. I would highly recommend everyone to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 August 2009

I travel through here often and always stayed at another hotel...but decided to give this a shot. I am so very glad that I did! They have not been open long, so they do not have a lot of business yet, but that will not be the case for long as it is clean, comfortable, and absolutely gorgeous!! Kudos to the management!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 April 2009

I love my room!!!!!!!! Very modern! The ambience was to die for! I love modern hotels and this Best Western was outstanding! The workout area was awesome...brand new equipment w/ built in tv screens in the equipment...the pool area is indoor! WhichI love! The breakfast are was very clean and open...the overall service was greatttttt! The staff was very informational in regards to the area and the hotel! The price is great and I will be back!!!!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boddieshanda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Denison
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denison North-Lake Texoma
Hilton Garden Inn Denison/Sherman/At Texoma Event Center
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sherman Highway 75
La Quinta Inn & Suites Sherman
Best Western Markita Inn

Been to Best Western Plus Texoma Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!