“YUM! and value” 5 of 5 bubbles

Huck's Catfish
Ranked #1 of 77 Restaurants in Denison
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kentucky
“YUM! and value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

Visiting my cousin always means a dinner at Hucks Catfish. The catfish is hot and flakey! The coleslaw is sweet and just right. Save room to split one of the hot cobblers!! Service is excellent and they can't do enough for you. Will be back!!

• Visited October 2013

Denison, Texas
“Best area Catfish restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We live in Denison and this is the place to go for catfish.... Crispy filets always served hot ... French fries are home made ... They are not my personal favorite ... Soggy ... So I get fried okra.... Coleslaw is good and service is always great

Visited August 2013
Denison, Texas
“Great Catfish”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

Love this place. The catfish (ordered "burnt" which means extra crispy) is great. My only complain is the coleslaw. It doesn't have much flavor. How about adding some cayenne pepper to it and offer a spicy coleslaw. Other than that, everything I have tried I really like.

• Visited August 2013
Denton
“Great fresh catfish prepared a variety of ways.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2013 via mobile

My first time visit and I was not disappointed. They are apparently known for thier fried catfish, but they offered it steamed, grilled or blackened to cover about any dieting requirements. I tried a split order of grilled and fried catfish and the fish was flavorful and moist by itself and did not need the tarter sauce to moisten it up although the tarter sauce was good. Tried the garlic bacon coleslaw and it is different from any coleslaw I have had before, but I enjoyed it.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Williaw
“Gotta eat at Huck's!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

I'm a native of Denison, and every time I return to visit I have to eat at Huck's. It's a non-negotiable. My hubby looks forward to it all year and has often lamented that John (the owner) hasn't franchised to Florida where we live! LOL Amazing catfish at reasonable prices; we've never had bad service, always excellent staff; I usually get the 2 piece ("half order") with pinto beans (thick and homestyle!) and whatever the "fried veggie of the day" is. The fillets are big, not strips. Try the green tomato relish with your meal---amazing. Be prepared for an after-church-crowd wait on Sundays (shortened Sunday hours are just 11 AM-3 PM) and please note that they're closed on Mondays.

• Visited July 2013