“Rundown” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 26 things to do in Denison
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rundown”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Every building needs painted and a little updated the prices are great! A lot of things have shut down but there are some great places there!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Hellooo12

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Antique Shopping ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

My husband & I love antique shopping & looking for depression glass for our collection. We went downtown & enjoyed our Saturday afternoon. If you get a chance you must go into Kaboodles. It has antiques, jewelry, & modern art. I loved it.

1 Thank Ruby C
Melbourne, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“The place was almost deserted, a veritable ghost town.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

It could have been the storms earlier in the day but this place looked as if it was ready for something bad and everyone had gone home to hide. The shops were pretty ordinary too. From an Australian perspective though, the pawn shop was fascinating - they actually openly sold guns!!! Nearby Sherman is much more interesting.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Caite29
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
244 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 430 helpful votes
“Nice Little Downtown Area”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

My wife and I stopped into a few shops downtown to see what sort of stuff is for sale and to see what we can get cheap to use in our own side business. Main Street Mall and Blue Moon Antiques are the largest of the antique-type stores. They are also a bit more pricey that the smaller shops that reside near them.

I did find one of the items offered at the Main Street Mall to be offensive - a cross with a Dallas Cowboys star on it (see picture). Seriously? Jesus didn't die with that wretched star on the cross. However Jerry Jones was probably present for the crucifixion. I understand that the Cowboys need divine intervention, and sure, I hate the Dallas Cowboys, but offering that item for sale is not appropriate.

There is a shop just to the west of Blue Moon Antiques that has a variety of items and has very reasonable prices. I think it was called BG Treasures. If we had room in our house, we would have bought a lot of rustic and western items there. The Bargain Box is a thrift store that we found a few items to buy quite cheap.

Overall, prices are cheaper in downtown Denison as I think the economy is a little sluggish in the area.

TIP: If you are in Denison, you should check out the birthplace of Dwight D. Eisenhower.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank AlphaRam
Bells, Texas
“Downtown shopping”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Good place for shopping: antiques, gifts, local artisans. Especially liked My Friend's House . Unusual, one of a kind home furnishings. I found the perfect bithday gift I was looking for. Much cheaper than expected.

Visited July 2013

Been to Downtown Denison? Share your experiences!