“Worth a Visit, Gringo!”

Jalapeno Tree
Ranked #15 of 80 Restaurants in Denison
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 4 March 2014

This location turns out better meals than its sister location in Sherman. Not sure why. The decor is Mexican Cantina style with a nice fireplace. The bar is smoky and they do serve meals in there. Service is spotty, depending on the staff. The kitchen isn't fast, but thank goodness they serve everything on HOT plates. The chips are good, the salsa is too mild (gringo) for my taste. I had the Shrimp tacos. They were filled with shrimp and slaw. I always enjoy them. ASK for the "hot" salsa. My co-workers ordered enchiladas, burgers, and the Burrito. We eat here often as a group, right aound the corner from the hotel. Meals are a good value.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

This restaurant was near my hotel and was recommended. It was so very good, and the service was excellent. The prices were reasonable. I was alone and felt very comfortable dining by myself in that setting.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I can accept the bland taste & so-so quality of their food, but our last visit was a real eye opener! My beef enchilada had some sort of a plastic strip in it that could have easily caused a person to choke. It was about 3" long & about the diameter of a toothpick. I was lucky, I saw it before putting it in my mouth. I showed it to our waitress & she said it was a piece from one of their pot scrubbers. Apparently mine was not the first as she knew immediately what it was. Why & How did this get into my food??? They replaced my plate, but by the time the replacement got to the table, my wifes food was cold. I saw the manager walking around the dining area, but he never stopped by the table to offer any apologies or explanations. Apparently our satisfaction was not very important to him. I also used the comments section of their web site to inform corporate of this experience, & based on the fact that corporate never acknowledged my communication, they too must be completely unconcerned as to their patrons dining experience. I can live with the $40.00 bill for totally unremarkable food, but I cannot believe they are so unconcerned with the safety of the food they serve, or the health & safety of their customers. Never again would I eat there, & I will discourage anyone else from eating there as well!

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Awesome service and love the atmosphere. Was in and out in about 45 min. due to a meeting i was going to.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Wonderful service. The food tasted like rubber. The sweet tea tasted like tea with dirt in it. Not sure what was the deal with the quacamole.