“Great Thai Food”

Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Business meetings
Good for: Business meetings
Reviewed 23 June 2013

This restaurant is a bit out of the way from the central area of Denton, and is located behind an unattractive store front. Don't be discouraged, the food id great! My wife and I have traveled to Thailand every year for the past 12 years and rank this as some of the tastiest Thai food we have ever had. The service was friendly and the food appeared hot before we knew it. If you like
thai food, don't miss Thai Ocha.

1  Thank Notagoodytwoshoes

Reviewed 18 June 2013

My new favorite Asian restaurant in Denton. Food is fresh & carefully prepared. Service is excellent, and the servers know what they're delivering. I'm not that familiar with Thai cuisine, so I order something different every time, and I have yet to be disappointed. The storefront isn't impressive, but they deliver the goods. Just off 380, easy to find.

Reviewed 19 March 2013

Found this restaurant above 6 months ago and have been coming back at least once every two weeks. On this particular visit, I brought a good friend to introduce him to the restaurant. Upon the first bite, he commented that this was some seriously amazing Thai food. By meal's end, we both were full of aromatic Jasmine rice along with amazingly tasty curries.

When you order, be sure to check out their Tom Ka soup. It is always spot on and very reasonably priced. The service is always fast and polite. Pricing is very reasonable and selections are plenty.

Brown rice is available for an extra $1.50 upcharge for those more nutritionally conscious.

Reviewed 11 March 2013

On this trip to Denton I had the luxury of dining at Thai Ocha on two occasions. My favorite dish here is the red curry chicken with rice. We usually order gyoza as an appetizer as well. I have had both the gyoza and the red curry chicken at another favorite Thai restaurant, but Thai Ocha is "absolutely the best". I am not sure what they do to make their chicken so good, but it is cooked to perfection. We also order extra spicy as well and unlike some restaurants they do not charge extra. I highly recommend if you are in the Denton area that you stop by Thai Ocha. You will not regret it.

Reviewed 3 March 2013

Placed an order for takeout. Service was wonderful, I was offered a table and brought a water while I waited. I had the fresh spring rolls with shrimp and the pad Thai. The rolls were 90% lettuce, virtually no other fillings. The shrimp was dried and sprinkled on top. Not delicious. Pad Thai is one of my favorite dishes, and this was not a good example. I have eaten my fair share of pad that in Thailand, and the flavors were off and it was greasy. I was in town for business, but I wouldn't go back.

Been to Thai Ocha? Share your experiences!