“Luv2eate”

Rudy's BBQ
Ranked #33 of 386 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

This is the best beef brisket in the world!!!
You can taste the smoke flavor thru every bite..you will not be disappointed

Reviewed 11 October 2013

We recently met up with old friends at Rudy's, found on the I-35 Frontage Road just south of Denton for a nice BBQ lunch. The restaurant itself is quite atmospheric and the BBQ is pretty good. Would have no problem stopping here again if passing through the area, driving on I-35.

What we much enjoyed about Rudy's was the restaurant environs. You enter Restaurant and find long tables setup, an appropriate decor scheme, long troughs full of bottled beer and a queue formed at the order counter. BBQ meat selections are posted on the wall and you order by the size quantity that you like. Staff behind the order counter quickly cut your meats and stack everything in a carry basket that you take to one of the long tables after paying. Then it is time to tuck into some nice BBQ. Barbecue sauces are provided on the tables.

We enjoyed a rather filling meal for four people for just over US$40, sampling the brisket, brisket sandwich, sausage and sausage with jalapeno, baby back ribs, green chili stew, corn, potato salad and some peach cobbler. The sausage was too dry for our liking but was still good with some BBQ sauce. Also, we didn't care that much for the green chili but everything else was pretty good and collectively made a nice, affordable lunch, one that we'd happily repeat.

Overall, not up there with the best BBQ we've had in the States but pretty good and worthy of a try. Combined with a nice restaurant environs, it makes for an enjoyable BBQ experience.

1  Thank BradJill
Reviewed 24 September 2013

always tasty for lunch and dinner...but never forget those fresh breakfast tacos!!! yummy!!!
we love to stop here for a quick casual, yet super tasty bite!! :)

Reviewed 13 August 2013

While visiting here in (July 2013) i was told if i wanted great bbq Rudys was the place to go. The atmosphere was wonderful and so was the staff! However all i wanted was some good old barrel slightly charred BBQ Ribs and this place was not what i had in mind. The ribs were very tender and meaty but not cooked on a grill. That was disappointing to me. I was given the the Ribs and bbq sauces on the side. The sauces in my opinion was not that great.

1  Thank Kereyne
Reviewed 8 August 2013

I ate here twice with the lady I visited, once for lunch, once for supper. Both for very good to great BBQ. Understand that I eat and enjoy Carolina in Carolina, Memphis in Memphis, Kansas City in Kansas City and Texas in Texas. This is real Texas Q, pardner! I had sausage once and brisket the other time and both were fabulous. If they serve creamed corn in Heaven, the angel chef uses Rudy's receipe, I'm sure. The fact that the tables are long and multi-customer reminds me of Texas hospitality or, as my lady said, Germany. From what I know, she's correct.

1  Thank GrandpaGene