“5+”
Review of Courtyard Denton

Courtyard Denton
Ranked #8 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Love this place. It is our first time to stay but will definitely come back. Management has been soooo nice to us...love to see my kids happy...sure did today as soon as they walked in this place specially when we went swimming.

• Stayed: February 2014
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Denton, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our property, we really appreciate your feedback. I am so glad your kids got to enjoy our pool and whirlpool and had a great time. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton!

Reviewed 1 February 2014

I've made this Courtyard in Denton my home while on business. The reason is the staff is always accommodating and willing to go the extra mile. I usually fly in Sunday and arrive close to midnight where I'm always greeted by "Johnny". His personality combined with his fluid check-in process always makes me feel welcome. He always accommodates my personal room requests when available. The Bistro at this location also has great food and drinks.

Room Tip: I like the rooms by the stairs for easy in and out.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property, we greatly appreciate your feedback. I am so glad to hear that Johnny and the staff are taking great care of you. I will be sure to share your review with Johnny. Thanks again and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

I travel close to 100 days a year and only stay at Marriott's. This review begins with me calling the hotel the morning of my stay requesting a room with a balcony. The woman that answered the phone checked to see if one was available. Once she realized one wasn’t she then took the extra step to check the room type I wanted to see if she could move someone. She found that one room was scheduled to be occupied by a guest but wasn’t sure if it was because of the room type or because it had the balcony. I then told her that if she couldn’t get me a room with a balcony that I’d prefer a room on the first floor. She then asked if it was ok to put me on hold to call her manager about the guest in the room with a balcony. She came back to let me know that she had to leave a message for her manager but she went a head and put me in a room on the first floor and once she heard back from her manager she’d let me know about the balcony room. Later that afternoon I received a follow-up call from the same woman letting me know that she still hadn’t heard back from her manager so she was unsure about the balcony room.

Fast forward to my arrival, because travel this day was insane because of weather I asked my wife to call the hotel to let them know it would be really late before I arrive. I finally reach the hotel at 1:30am and walked in to a very nice surprise who is Johnny Smith. Johnny said without even knowing my name “Mr Hatcher, I’ve been waiting for you, how was your trip?’ That blew me away. As he checks me in I ask if they were able to put me in a balcony room and again to my surprise he said yes. This tells me that the woman I spoke to followed through and went the extra mile to get my room. It also tells me management to the extra step on a Sunday to look into the guest situation to make both of use happy.

On Monday night myself and several other colleagues staying at the same hotel go out to dinner to watch the BCS National Championship game. We get back to the hotel just before 10pm right before the Bistro at all Courtyards close for the evening. Again to my surprise they have a wonderful young woman named Sarah Freeman working it. She had a small crowd with all the people I brought back with me and she stayed until the game ended which was around 11:30pm. Not only did Sarah stay open late that evening she stayed open late for the guest the next 3 nights only thinking of the guest and not the long hours she had worked.

When talking to my other colleagues about my experience at this hotel they all felt the same way about what a great hotel this is. I’m back again this week and look forward to checking in. I hope you find this review helpful.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Denton, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our property! I am so glad to hear that Johnny and Sarah took great care of you and your group. Our balcony rooms are very popular and sell out quickly, I'm glad we were able to accomodate your request. I will be sure to share this review with Johnny and Sarah, they will be delighted to see it. Again, thanks for the awesome review and we look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton!

Reviewed 21 December 2013 via mobile

This is our first time staying at the Courtyard, we chose this hotel for tge indoor pool for our grandchildren. Pleasantly surprised by the hotel and staff. The room is very nice and comfortable. The staff has been excellent and would recommend the Courtyard. We will update the review after checkout, but so far they have exceeded expectations.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. We are so glad the amenities and staff service met your needs. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

Nice, modern, clean. There was always hot water, plenty of water pressure in the shower. The beds were comfy and the sheets soft. I think the problems were mostly staff issues. The phone by our bed didn't work. Bottom line, we were there for 3 nights and it never got fixed even tho I called twice. The remote in my kids' room didn't work. Someone came to fix it and told us it was the wrong remote. She went and got the right one, but it still didn't work properly -- you had to turn the TV off in order to change channels. The restaurant and "snack bar" had very limited hours. Nothing after 9. Closes up at 10 a.m. on Sunday, so if you want breakfast you'd better not sleep in. One night we brought in pizza and ate in the lobby. They have a nice lobby. Once when the restaurant was open we tried to get a bite but nobody was working so we asked at the front desk and she informed us that whoever was in charge had to drive the courtesy car to the airport. What? So no food again. It's really not a restaurant, it's more like a snack bar in the lobby. The fire pit in the back is fun. We got a room in the back and there was no noise. So there's the good and the not-so-good but all things considered, we would give it another try.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Denton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Please accept our apologies for the problems you experienced during your stay. Our staff should have corrected the issues and if they couldn't be corrected right away should have offered to change your room. If you'd like to discuss any of these problems personally please feel free to contact me directly. We look forward to serving you on your next visit to Denton.

Reviewed 7 November 2013

The beds and pillows are horrible, way too hard. The towels are dirty, they looked like some took a crap on them. This happened multiple times where we had to request new towels.

The TV went out in our room and we waited and waited and they never fixed it.

The lobby bar is great though

Room Tip: Stay else where
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
General M, General Manager at Courtyard Denton, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I greatly apologize that you were not satisfied with your accommodations. Our pillows were recently upgraded to the new Marriott Queen size pillows and we have received nothing but rave reviews on them. Also please accept our apologies if you received a stained towel, our laundry staff is very diligent in weeding out linens that are no longer up to standard. I'd be more than happy to discuss your concerns via phone if you'd like to contact the property directly at 940-382-4600. We hope you will consider giving us a second chance on your next visit to Denton.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I booked a large group of people for almost a week's stay at this Courtyard in Denton Texas. Meeting planners, take note...they are awsome to work with. Facility is so clean, quiet and the associates are friendly and helpful to work with. Also, there are several restaurants within walking distance. Breakfast buffet for my group in the morning and they even brewed me a pot of coffee for those who were leaving at 4AM... Now that is service!

I highly recommend for both personal and business arrangements! Great staff to work with!
If you are booking business meetings, make the call to this hotel and work with them! Totally worth it!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review! We are so glad our facilities allowed you to have a productive and successful meeting. Its always great to hear how well our staff is taking care of our clients. We look forward to welcoming you and your company back for future meetings!