“Comfortable But Nothing Special”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #16 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed 14 November 2012

This hotel is a comfortable place to stay. The staff was very pleasant and the free breakfast was very nice. The area around the hotel was a little run down and I did not find a lot of nice restaurants. There were many fast food joints available however.

Room Tip: The rooms on the north side may be a little quieter, but the rooms are pretty well sound proofed, so...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 September 2012

I was In Thackerville, OK for PBR and everything was booked! I had a coupon, and decided to drive the 34 miles to Denton to stay at this hotel. Upon checking In, "Kim" was very nice and friendly. I paid $66.67 cash for the room. The room was not well cleaned. Turned In around 10:00 and couldn't sleep because of the loud stomping upstairs! After about an hour of this going on, I called the front desk to complain. I made several calls over a 15 minute period and no answer! Finally a gentleman answered and I was able to complain about the noise. The next day, after checking out, I checked my account and the hotel had charged $69 plus $66.67, for a total of $135.67 charged to my debt card, after I had already paid cash! I called the hotel and spoke to "Donna" but she was no help at all, just kept talking over me and wouldn't let me get a word In! She never offered me my cash back! I had to wait till Tuesday because of Labor Day to contact the General Manager, "Margret". I spoke to her and explained my situation. I explained, It defeated the whole purpose of me driving the extra miles to stay at her hotel because I was In town to do some gambeling and the money I had on my debt card was my gas money to get back home. I live 7 hrs away, and my money was not accessible to me because of the hotel charging my card! "Margret: was rude and unprofessional! She even commented-"It's not that much money anyway" and "we didn't force you to stay at our hotel!" What kind of customer service Is this? I asked for the # of the person above her and she said she couldn't give me that Information! Very unprofessional manager of this property! I will never stay here again! I

Room Tip: Room by the side exit door Is way noisy, and too much traffic going In and out
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Christina P
Reviewed 19 August 2012

We spent just one night in this hotel while traveling through TX. It was very nice, quiet and clean. The bed was comfortable. The staff was great and the hot breakfast was pretty good. There was a coupon in the Travel Guide that we picked up at a rest area so only paid $59.99 for the night. Would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Pick up a Travel Guide at a rest area to get a discounted price.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I have stayed at this hotel before and found it to be ok. The bathroom was dirty last time I stayed there. Well nothing has changed. This time the bathroom was in worse shape. I almost wondered if they skipped the room for cleaning that day. There was urine on the seat of the toilet. Hair in the bathtub, and the faucet was sticky with goo. I did contact management and they were quick to do a sub standard job on cleaning it. I know they were very busy and I appreciate the time the front desk took to come and clean it. The floor in the bathroom had not been swept or mopped. There was a shoe print stain that could have been mopped up. I had to wipe down the faucets and tub. The floor in the room had not be vacuumed. The sheets on the bed were clean and the bed was comfortable. This is a newer hotel and it has modern decorations, such as marble counter tops etc..But its sad when that is not maintained and allowed to be filthy. Downstairs in the public bathroom there were no paper towels. It seemed they might have been short staffed. Given two experiences of dirty bathrooms it makes me worry about staying there again in the future. And another odd thing I was awoken in the middle of the night by the room vibrating or shaking. It seemed mechanical but have no idea what it might have been.
The kitchen staff as usual was Superb!

Room Tip: Bring your own cleaning supplies
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank mljhnsn
ComfortInnDenton2008, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2012

Oh my. I am very sorry this has happened. I thank you for letting us know that this was a problem in your room. We are doing everything we can to make sure this does not happen again.

Reviewed 17 March 2012

A great place to stay.Breaky very goood.Rooms very clean.Great staff/ Easy to get to location

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank oldiceman11
ComfortInnDenton2008, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our hotel and staff. We hope to see you soon!!!

Reviewed 23 December 2011

We stayed here for two nights whilst on a road trip and met up with a large group of friends on the sdecond night. The Hotel staff were very helpful and accomodating. Rooms were large with good facilities and clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David B
Reviewed 9 November 2011

The hotel was easy to find. Our family enjoyed the pool & hot tub; the pool was warm & a fair size and the hot tub was nice & hot! It was all a bit too chlorinated, but ah well, better than being underchlorinated! The hotel was quiet & the beds were comfortable. Our room had a fridge & microwave. The breakfast was a typical Choice hotel breakfast. The hotel was also close to services we needed. The main problem was the hotel was not especially clean: shampoo was left in the shower, our room had not been vacuumed...I kept finding things around the room left from the people before. We let the front desk person know, but of course nothing was done about it but an apology. Our stay was fine, and the hotel seemed okay on the surface, but when you looked closer, it really was not...I tried not to look too close. Even the elevator had hand prints all over.

So in short, the hotel was fine, but I will try another one next time I am in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family