“Good food and bar but smelly”
Review of Abbey Inn

Abbey Inn
Ranked #29 of 379 Restaurants in Denton
Price range: US$1 - US$19
Cuisines: American, Irish
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: British American casual dining featuring traditional favorites British favorites such as beer battered fish n' chips, bangers n' mash, cottage pie & Scotch eggs. Also serving, great burgers, tender steaks & terrific Reuben and Monte Cristo sandwiches. Full bar with great selection of import beers & 29 degree draft beer. Brunch on Saturday & Sunday.
Denton, Texas
“Good food and bar but smelly”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I love to go here however we only go now when we can sit outside because it smells like old cigarette smoke. It sits above a club that allows smoking and the smoke must rise and seep into the restaurant. It really is unfortunate because it has one of the only bars in this college town that is not full of drunk college students. Go on a nice day and sit on the patio and enjoy a cold beer and some good fare.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank Bran2002

Lubbock, Texas
“Quaint restaurant”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Happened to chance upon the Abbey Inn which is around the Denton Square. The atmosphere is good and the food was terrific. I highly recommend the Abbey Inn!

• Visited November 2013
Columbia, MO
“Mmmmmmm, Beer Cheese”
Reviewed 10 November 2013

I love all things British, so I convinced everyone to come here for lunch. I tried the Cottage Pie and a beer. The meat and veggies in the pie were very tender. It needed something, though. Spices or herbs. My friend did say something about British food being bland and what did I expect. Oh well.

Another friend at the table got the Abbey Tower Sampler. She chose Cheesy Pub Chips, Abbey Chicken Strips and Pickle Chips. She shared, of course. It was a lot of food. I think I ate most of the Cheesy Pub Chips. They are more thick fries than chips. That Beer Cheese was amazing. I do love cheese. I almost wanted to ask for a vat of it, to-go.

• Visited October 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Good "Pub" Atmosphere”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Visited with my wife on a Saturday night and even at 6.00 pm the place was full (we sat at the bar) The Atmosphere was great and the Margarito's Patron Silver) were just as good. The beer options included UK brands Boddingtons , Bellhaven etc but, when in the States, I am quite partial to a "Bud". Wendy, despite being on her own behind the bar, somehow managed to cope (I don't know how) always with a smile on her face and never leaving anyone waiting too long for refills. We got chatting to the locals Dentonians from Manchester, UK to Dentonians from Texas. We had a really good couple of hours before our dinner date at Hanna's off the Square.
We had lunch here the following Thursday, and whilst it was not very busy it still had that "local" pub atmosphere. The food was pretty good too

• Visited October 2013
Dallas, Texas, United States
“Not to return...”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Atmosphere fair, the food soo very greasy with huge portions. Service was really way to slow for number of guests. Tried it twice in one week to give it a chance. Sorry to say, second visit confirmed first visit. Sad and disappointing.

• Visited September 2013