“Surprisingly Fabulous!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Surprisingly Fabulous!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

Very nice hotel. I travel quite a bit for business and was quite pleasantly surprised at how nice this place is. The decor of the hotel is lovely, there is a very nice breakfast, free wi-fi and free use of business center with pcs and printer. The rooms are spacious, nicely decorated and very clean. It was one of the best hotel values I have experienced in a long while.

I hope that Best Western continues this trend of the Premier level of hotels. I will be on the lookout for these in other cities and would highly recommend to others.

Last, I would like to say that the staff at this location was wonderful. All that I came in contact with were pleasant, helpful and made me feel comfortable there.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
Mississippi
Reviewed 12 February 2012

I recently stayed at the Best Western in Denton Texas and was pleasantly surprised. I have to admit it has been years since I have stayed at a Best Western and didn't realize that some were this nice. The lobby and reception area was spacious and clean. The rooms were above expected with vessel sinks, jetted showers, spacious closets and a nice kitchen area. The television was huge and I really like the suite feeling with couch separate from the bed. There were several restaurants within close walking distance and the daily breakfast had several hot items including an omelet station. This is a definite value for the money. I will definitely stay here on my next visit to Denton. My only complaint would be that the front desk staff person on duty at the time of my arrival was not very friendly or helpful. She was somewhat put out when we requested eating utensils for a quick meal purchased in the refreshment area of the lobby. I'm not quite sure how she expected us to eat these otherwise. The breakfast staff person however was very friendly and helpful.

2 Thank ddwj
helmhotelsgroup, General Manager at Best Western Premier Crown Chase Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write such a positive review of our hotel. We strive for excellence for each of our guests' stays, so we will take your comments very seriously on improving your next stay. We hope to see you again very soon!
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 12 February 2012

My daughter was a college student in Denton TX and I have now had 3 occassions to stay at the BW Premier in Denton TX. I used to stay at a different BW. To be honest. the BW Premier is a wonderful hotel. It is one of my favorites. On this past trip I also stayed at a more costly Holiday Inn, which was recently remodelled, in Austin TX. No comparison. The BW Premier was much, much better. Staff are incredibly accommodating. Breakfast was excellent. I guess my only complaint is that I prefer a darker, bolder roast of coffee! My wife and I now look for the BW Premier line when travelling. There are not many but if we find one, we will stay there. Back to Denton, again, wonderful property. I would stay there again and again except my daughter no longer lives in Denton and I will probably not be venturing back there for a long, long while. But, if I were, this is the hotel where I would stay.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MLG18104
Thank you so much for your kind remarks! As to the coffee, we are currently evaluating our coffee and will take your suggestions very seriously through the process. We hope that you can make up a excuse to return to Denton so that we can host you again!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 29 January 2012

This is by far the nicest Best Western I've ever seen. I don't usually stay at this chain but decided to give it a shot based on the Tripadvisor reviews. The hotel was very much a pleasant surprise - very modern & contemporary looking which is quite different from most other BW hotels. This particular BW is the premiere class which is supposed to be a more upscale level of hotel.
The rooms were very contemporary as well .... Looked a lot like a European boutique hotel. The bedding was very nice and the rooms had very nice features such as a wall mounted flat screen, heat lamp in the bathroom and a make-up mirror. The towels were higher quality than most hotels in this class. The room was very quiet with no highway noise.

The only negative about the hotel was in relation to the complimentary breakfast area. The area was not very clean and the food quality and selection was mediocre at best. I realize the food was included in the room rate but the dirty tables and grumpy breakfast hostess definitely detracted from the overall score I would have given for the hotel.

I would recommend this BW over the Hilton Garden which is right next door. I stayed at the HG two days earlier and gave it a lower score.

This BW definitely has the potential for a 5 rating if they improved the food service and quality.

The service rating of 2 was based on the breakfast staff. The front desk staff was very polite and helpful.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
helmhotelsgroup, Vice President of E-Commerce/PR at Best Western Premier Crown Chase Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 January 2012
Thank you for your kind response. Superior customer service is certainly our goal, and if we're running short in the breakfast area, that is something that we will work on. We can never expect to meet our goal without your comments and reviews, so we thank you for bringing it to our attention. We hope that you choose to stay with us again soon!
Mesa, Arizona
Reviewed 19 January 2012

I think a lot of the reviews for this hotel as suspect (lots of reviewers where this was there only review) but I admit this is a nice place! It is arguably the nicest hotel in Denton, given the choices. The lobby is cool space and the breakfast area is nice, though the food choices were not very fresh (mystery fruit). The rooms are huge and very quiet. There is individual climate control and ceiling fans. The bathroom is beautiful and good sized. I found the beds a bit too soft, but I am particular, I suspect most people will like the beds. There is a beautiful outdoor pool with a waterfall, weather was too cold to use it during my January 2012 stay but I am sure it is nice when the weather is warm. The immediate area has a Texas Redhouse, Red Lobster and Olive Garden - I recommend skipping these and heading downtown to the unique restaurants near the square and along Hickory Street, it is only about a 5 minute drive from the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank friendlyinsomniac
helmhotelsgroup, Vice President of E-Commerce/PR at Best Western Premier Crown Chase Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 January 2012
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. It is always our goal to provide the best in customer service, and so we encourage each guest to write a review so that if we aren't the best, we can take the proper steps to be the best. We sincerely hope that you will come back when it's warmer and give our pool and our fruit another try!
El Paso, Texas
Reviewed 18 January 2012

We recently stayed overnight here after a long day on the road.The room was very clean and the bathroom was very modern.For a new hotel,it was surprising that the pool and hot tub were outside..Skip the omelet at breakfast as it was the only disappointment.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
First, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. Your comments on our omelets have been noted and we will look into enhancing them for your next stay with us. If there's anything else that we can do for you, please don't hesistate to let us know.
Madrid
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We tend toward economical choices when we travel, which may have something to do with our amazement of this hotel. The walls, soundproof!The room decor, high end, yet warm and welcoming! The beds, so comfortable we actually slept! All night!
As it happened, we arrived on Thanksgiving evening, having spent the day traveling, with our eating choices limited to gas station food. Imagine our delight to find a sort of mini deli in the lobby! We were able to heat up some comforting beef stew in the microwave in our room, wash away our aches in the beautiful bath, and collapse gratefully into the luxuriousness of quality sheets and a snug pillow top mattress. Our stay wasn't long enough!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled on business
Thank you for your review! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again very soon!