“Better Than Most Best Westerns”

Best Western Premier Crown Chase Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Denton
GreenLeadersBronze level
Schertz, Texas
“Better Than Most Best Westerns”
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

This Best Western property was a pleasant surprise, as we don't typically stay at BW properties. Stayed two nights while visiting area colleges and enjoyed it so such we looked forward to getting back to hotel. Suite room was clean, comfortable and extra large with a sectional sofa sleeper, two double beds, wet bar with fridge and microwave, ceiling fans and two flat screen TVs. Bathroom was spacious with a walk-in glass shower. Hotel decor was eclectic and classy. Pool and hot tub were nice. Breakfast was fair at best. Skipped coffee after finding floating particles (definitely not coffee grounds) in my cup. I told the breakfast lady and suggested that the carafes might need cleaning. Breakfast room floor seemed to be sticky. Aside from breakfast, the hotel was a great find for the price. If our daughter goes to school in Denton, we'll be staying here often and going to Starbucks down the road for coffee.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
Hallsville, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Have not stayed in a Best Western in years. On a recent college visit with my daughter I came across this hotel. We stayed in mid-July, 2014 and everything about the hotel was wonderful. The young man that checked us in was helpful and was attending one of the colleges we were visiting the next morning. The rooms were luxurious and the entire hotel felt brand new. There was a beautiful pool, but unfortunately so many children in the pool and hot tub we could not get in until late. I would definitely stay at this hotel again!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I've stayed here several times. Convenient to UNT and you can walk to restaurants. Friendly front desk staff. Breakfast buffet is plentiful with staff present to refill items, etc. Clean and quiet; comfy beds and pillows.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Pretty rooms huge shower awesome breakfast with Texas shaped waffles and made to order omelettes, pancakes, bacon. Super cool pool with waterfall. Great price $104 for 2 queens. $10 for a rollaway. They do have a military discount. Which brought our room down to $89

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Valerie F
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The rooms are amazing value! I have paid twice as much for rooms of this caliber at luxury hotels! Extremely modern decor, dual HD TV's, fast FREE wifi,ample storage/closet space for all 5 of us, business center, superb lounge area! It felt like a home, not a hotel! My kids loved having their own HD TV that easily accommodated their Playstaion HDMI connection while also allowing my Wife and I to enjoy watching all the movies and stock market news we could find. I could easily extend my stay here into months and not have an issue with the location or facilities awesome amenities. And the staff is amazing, they not only set the standard of excellence for the industry...they exceed it! And ill tell you why...

Jon was an extremely kind professional who works the graveyard shift. He went out of his way to truly excel at service. Around 2:00 am there was a man eating chicken bared handed around the lobby leaving a bread crumb trail behind him with no regard for others. I watched Jon go behind and clean the lobby hastily several times. On a later night there was some ice that a customer had dropped causing a wet spot on the floor to which Jon quickly attended to even though he surely could have had other staff tend to it, he took it upon himself to clean it up before any accidents could occur. I was very impressed to see someone so dedicated to their job on arguably the most boring shift (I was actually a night auditor myself at BW almost a decade ago). Jon was extremely courteous and even thanked me for my military service.

I also have to mention Chelsea and Casey. Chelsea was very helpful to me and my family promptly greeting us when we ventured about the hotel at every chance she asked if we needed anything, that she would take care of us immediately. Even when the lobby was full of an entire baseball team checking in, she still greeted us and was so fast at attending to customers. Casey, the manager, was just as delightful to my family and I. She was very attentive to her staff but not over bearing or micro managing in anyway. She allowed her great staff to execute flawless performance while also taking the time to assist me with my 3 carts of luggage. She even arranged to have all my luggage securely stored for a while I waited for a room upgrade to become available...this was after checking out then deciding to stay a few more days without giving her any previous notice! It was an extremely busy day for the her staff and I was surprised It was ready so fast.

I also have to mention Mr. Justin McCarter. He was so perfect at his job I joked about him being an undercover CEO. I trully think this kid could run the whole company he was that knowledgeable and friendly! On our first night, a room was accidentally over booked a day, and Mr. McCarter made arrangements to allow us to stay in our room without having to change rooms. He performed this completely solo, I didn't ask to keep the room, I just expected to pack up the whole family and transfer rooms just like other hotels have done in that same situation. He remembered I had a large family and ample luggage and took the extra time to save us the hassle. With 3 younger children this was such a life saver, I couldn't thank him enough. His over the top service to my family and I was so impressive I decided to become a dedicated rewards member. I will look for excuses in the future to stay at this hotel because IT IS AWESOME! My only regret is not getting to stay longer! I will hold every hotel to the standard that Justin, Jon, Chelsea and Casey has set. Thank you all for an awesome stay!

Green Features: Superb. Laundry rooms on every floor, nice and quiet with eco friendly units!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
San Marcos, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have been staying at this hotel every time we visit my daughter the past 5 years. Its always clean, welcoming staff, and very nice rooms. We could stay on the other side of town, much closer to where my daughter lives, but we love the pool. Its pleasant and beautiful and fun. On our last stay we all were headed down to the pool for the afternoon. To our chagrin, it was closed, because something had fallen into the hot tub and regulations required closing it. Maintenance wasn't coming till in the morning. Our evening looked shot. But then Jon, one of the staff, arrived from a trip to target to get some goggles and donned his captain america bathing suit and literally went in head first to clean it all out. In a short while we were enjoying a beautiful afternoon at the pool.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 July 2014

This hotel is PERFECT! The location is easy to get to if traveling, there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance, and the rooms are large, clean, and quiet. Best of all is the service!!! I was impressed by the gentleman named Justin that checked me in. Not only was he friendly, he was professional and multitasked like a champ! He was the only one working at the front desk and handled the phone, helped a little girl who needed something, and even checked me in all at the same time. I could tell he really enjoys helping people and because of that it makes the guest feel important! I would stay it this hotel again and would recommend it to everyone because it truly was the BEST hotel I've stayed at in years!

Room Tip: The suite with 2 Queens & a pull out sofa is HUGE!!! It even had 2 TV's. The bathroom has...