All reviewshi expresscinnamon rollsnice hotelmicrowave and refrigeratorfresh cookiespool and hot tubfrontage roadgreat night's sleepbreakfast buffetcomfortable bedother hotelsbusiness travelclean roomsdesk clerkchecking inroad tripyogurt
Reviewed 3 August 2012

The check in process is very smooth. They are very friendly. The rooms are clean and comfortable. I love having a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The swimming pool is indoors so the kids can swim even if the weather isn't good. The breakfast in the morning is top-notched and it's free. Love everything about this Holiday Inn Express and every time I'm in this area, this is where I stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
BrookeStanley4485, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2012

Thank you for your kind comments about your recent stay at our hotel. Hope to see you return again soon. Safe travels!

Reviewed 31 July 2012

Very clean hotel, nicely appointed with contemporary furnishings. Much better than I expected! My daughter and I stayed one night in advance of a campus tour at UNT. We were greeted upon arrival and later, when we left the hotel for dinner, the desk clerk asked us if the room was to our liking. Our room on the second floor was very quiet (even though the hotel is directly beside a busy interstate) and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast offered a surprising variety of fresh and tasty options.

The only reason I'm giving this hotel a 4 out of 5 is that, when I decided to take a shower, I realized our bathroom had no bath towels. I called Guest Services to ask that some be delivered, and the desk clerk requested that I come downstairs to pick them up because "I'm the only person at the desk, and I can't leave it unattended." I sent my daughter downstairs to retrieve them, and she reported that the towels were simply sitting on the check-in counter--the desk clerk was nowhere in sight. (Apparently, some responsibilities do warrant leaving the desk unattended.) It's fortunate this happened on the evening after our arrival, not early the following morning, or I would have been much less understanding.

I note that another guest had the same experience, so I recommend checking to make sure your bathroom is stocked with towels before settling in.

Room Tip: Our second floor room was very quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
BrookeStanley4485, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2012

Thanks for staying with us at our hotel. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed ejoyed your stay. I'll be sure to share you comments with my staff so that upon your return to the Denton area, if given the opportunity to host your next stay, we will make your stay more comfortable and be more responsive to your needs.

See you soon,

Reviewed 19 July 2012

I was so pleased with our stay at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites. The front desk was warm and inviting and the young man that greeted us went above and beyond the call of duty to help us out. The first room we were given apparently had a customer that didn't like rules and had smoked leaving the room smelling of cigarette smoke. My husband wouldn't have been able to stay there due to his allergies, but after calling the front desk, they quickly and politely moved us to another one. After we had a few minutes to settle in, he even called to check and make sure that our room was going to work. The whole hotel, was very clean, and unlike some hotels, the bed was so comfortabale. I can't wait to go back to Denton to stay there again!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
BrookeStanley4485, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denton - UNT - TWU, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2012

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were attentive to your needs. I will be sure to share your comments with the staff. Should your travels bring you back this way, I hope that you will stay with us again.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

Stayed here just one night after flying into Dallas to return home to Oklahoma the next day. The hotel was very nice and up to date. The room was spacious and clean and the beds were very comfortable. The continental breakfast the next morning was pretty good. Hotel was convenient to I-35.
But...while the propery was clean and well kept and customer service was good, I was somewhat upset that when we got to the hotel, there were several people hanging outside the entrance to the hotel drinking and some were cussing (I believe that there was a wedding party going on when we got there). While this was more than likely just a one time thing, I believe that the hotel needed to not have people drinking at cussing at their front entrance and perhaps maybe needed to have the "party people" in another area of the hotel (the hotel had a fairly large eating area as well as conference rooms) as this would in all likelihod would give many people a bad first impression of a otherwise nice hotel. In the future, I would still consider staying again

Room Tip: Hotel can be a little tricky to get to, depending on which way you are coming from I-35. Good to map out how to go to hotel before you get there. Close to eating and shopping in Denton and real close to the local Quik Trip
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Hello.

On behalf of myself and staff here at the Holiday Inn Express - Denton, we sincerely Thank You and appreciate your honest feedback.

You are absolutely correct about first impressions, beit a one time event or not. I apologize that myself and my staff did not resolve this matter in a way for ALL guests to be comfortable.

It is not "normal" for guests that lodge with us to "hang out" at our front entrance, conducting themselves in such a manner as you witnessed.

I have addressed your concerns with my staff and better ways to approach and resolve a situation like what you witnessed upon your arrival. This incident will not repeat itself here.

We appreciate everything you have mentioned...this is a major tool for improvement. We want our guests to "Stay Impressed."

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 6 July 2012

This hotel was fantastic. For the price we really couldn't ask for more. The room was large, comfortable and well equipped. The breakfast was hot and tasty. The ice machines worked well. The beds were comfortable and the large flat screen TV was very good.

Only minor gripe was the frig did not cool as quickly as hoped.

The staff was friendly and attentive.

• Stayed: July 2012
Management response:Responded 16 July 2012

Hello there.

We thank you for your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Express - Denton. Based on your comments, we have taken action and confirmed all amenities are in good condition and in working order.

We hope you give us another opportunity to host your stay and improve your experience, the next time you're in the area. Your feedback is important to us and we appreciated it. Thanks again.

Respectfully,