“ok” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Lubbock,, Texas, United States
“ok”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

You are charged for all services immediately upon arrival. You are also charged 30 dollars per night for room charges whether you use them or not. You do receive this money back 24 -72 hours after departure. Did not appreciate having the full charges taken out of my account before I checked out. When I went to pay with cash, the money was already out of my checking account. I paid with cash and then waited for the charges to reappear in my account.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

dthorpe210, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Let me start by thanking you for your taking the time to comment regarding your recent stay at our property.
I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying. We do not charge guests until checkout. We do get an authorization of every guest's credit card for the cost of the room plus $30 per night for incidentals. If you use a debit card then your banking institution holds the moneys from your account until the final charges post in their system. The balance is then returned to your account 24-72 business hours after the checkout date. This is standard hotel industry policy. This is explained to all guests with debit cards at check-in. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Again, I apologize for the inconvenience during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

We have stayed in other Hilton Garden Inn locations and have been impressed with the customer service, accommodations, breakfast, and amenities offered. We arrived to our room, and unfortunately, the air conditioner was stuck on 61°F. After a quick call to the concierge desk, we were checked into another room with no hesitation. We are very likely to continue to book our accommodations with Hilton Garden Inn when traveling to any place the hotel is available.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Let me start by thanking you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our property.
We value our guests' feedback and use that to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Responses such as yours are also a great reminder that our guests notice our staff's efforts. If there is anything we can do to improve your stay, please let us know. We hope to see you again.
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!
Fort Worth, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Everything was simply wonderful, except the adjustable mattresses. Try them out before you choose to collapse onto one. Other than the beds, all other amenities were great & I will choose Hilton Garden Inn in the future, provided they have better mattresses.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

dthorpe210, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
I apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We understand that sleep comfort is subjective and each person has their own idea of firm and soft mattresses. Although most guests like our mattresses, we do have guests who are not as comfortable on them. We strive to ensure each and every guest experience is satisfying.
Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. Guest input is sometimes the only way we know of such issues. We appreciate your comments as that helps find some maintenace issues and correct them. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Lake Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

love the rooms, staff is great always friendly and helpful. always stay at hotel when im in town. this wont let me post unless I add more characters. what more can I say except that I highly recommend this hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you for your kind comments. We will always strive to make our guests feel comfortable and appreciated. We hope to see you again when your journeys bring you this way!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

I travel for a living, I come to Denton a few times a year and the Hilton Garden Inn is my favourite place to stay.
Simply a great hotel with clean rooms, a nice bar and breakfast area, and Olive Garden, Red Lobster, and Texas Roadhouse next door, what else can I ask for?!
And the black lady (can't remember her name now) in reception is the greatest, always so helpful and accommodating.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Hilton Garden Inn Denton. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that Jeannette was helpful! This is a great area with a lot of close restaurants and shopping. I will be sure to share your comments with them. I hope you will return should your travels bring you back this way.
Dallas, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 February 2014

Booked five rooms for myself and family for local wedding, there were no complaints from any family that attended. All staff were professional and very courteous, each room had unique needs for specific bed sizes, all assigned rooms were properly assigned by the front desk to each family member as requested. Property is clean and well maintained.

My only concern was the bed in my room, we requested two queen beds, I did not have a measuring tape but I do not believe the size of the bed is actually a queen, also the beds have a unique feature where you can adjust the firmness of the mattress on each side, of course my side did NOT work, the bed was not very comfortable on either side. Two adults in their "queen" bed will not be comfortable unless your a hobbit.

Room Tip: Check out the beds are they queen or double?
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Let me start by thanking you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.
Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. Our Queen mattresses are 60" by 79". Standard dimensions for a Queen mattress is 60x80 but that varies a little by manufacturer. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel several times in past. The staff are very helpful, professional and friendly. Whenever I needed to do an early check in, they have always went beyond the call of duty to assist me. The rooms are always clean!! Nice atmosphere.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

dthorpe210, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Denton, responded to this review, 7 February 2014
Let me start by thanking you for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at our property.
We value our guests' feedback and use that to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Feedback from frequent guests is especially helpful in showing us what we are doing right and wrong. If there is anything we can do to improve your stay, please let us know. We hope to see you again.
If I can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact me.
Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!