“Beautiful, CLEAN, Quiet!” 5 of 5 bubbles

La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Denton
“Beautiful, CLEAN, Quiet!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013

I was traveling and because of the threatening weather (tornadoes) I decided to stop for the night. I had just picked up my rescue dog (miniature schnauzer) and needed a pet-friendly place that didn't charge a ridiculous fee, because this was an unplanned stop anyway. I found this hotel on a web site that rates hotels that allow pets and it was given a good review. Folks, this is THE place to stay - with or without a pet! There is no fee for pets, providing you sign a form agreeing to pay for any damages your pet causes. I was a little unsure what I would find when I arrived (some pet-friendly places can be less than the cleanest out there) but I couldn't have been happier. The desk clerk (who I talked with on the phone in order to get driving directions) was top-notch. The lobby (and the rest of the hotel) was decorated with a fresh and trendy look. I got to my room and it was nicer than the Hilton I stayed in recently; very plush and comfortable. Lots of granite and tile (which is a very good idea for a pet-friendly hotel), and there were plenty of plug-ins available for those of us who have multiple tech items that need charging. I slept like a rock (the room was insulated and therefore quiet, yay!), and then went to breakfast the next morning. As is fairly common these days, there was a do-it-yourself waffle maker, three juice choices in the dispenser, plus a steam tray of scrambled eggs, biscuits, sausage, and sausage gravy, plus cereal and pastries. Very good fare. Upon checking out, the clerk made a point of asking me about my stay and told me about the direction of La Quinta (fresher, newer buildings that are much more upscale in guest services and furnishings. I WILL be back; in fact, every time I can, I will look for La Quinta. (For the record, I had to stay at a Comfort Inn the next night because that was the only pet-friendly place, and I was charged a $25 pet fee, plus the room was more, so overall I paid $28 MORE for that room, which was so-so at best.)

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

TJ P, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Hello beetaylor,

La Quinta Inn & SUites team are very grateful that we had the opportunity of providing your accommodation (and your pet) in our hotel. Your review is treasure for us as it ensures we have provided you the best experience we can offer.

We are committed to our goal of providing the best value services and accommodation to our guests and be able to have their consistent business in La Quinta Inn & Suites. We assure you that we will work more efficiently to be able to maintain the quality of services that you enjoyed during your stay in our hotel.

Thank you for choosing to stay in La Quinta Inn & Suites and we look forward to your next visit soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Copperas Cove, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

This is a newer built hotel that is a great place to stay. We had 2 rooms that were nicely furnished and comfortable. The comp breakfast was a good start to the day. This hotel is close to Texas Motor Speedway and is easy to get to. We did not notice any road noise and when we stayed it was quiet.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
TJ P, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Denton - University Drive, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Hello raydon46,

We are glad to have successfully provided your lodging needs in La Quinta Inn and Suites. Your positive review and generous rating for the services of our staff, truly inspire us to work more diligently and maintain providing our guests the comfortable accommodation that you enjoyed during your stay in our hotel.

Thank you for your business. We llok forward to your next visit in La Quinta Inn and Suites.
Mansfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

We were very impressed with our room, very clean, smelled good. made for a wonderful trip, came back from Texas motor speedway to cleaned room, fresh towels, and clean sheets.
complimary breakfast was good, with choices of waffles,biscuits and gravy, bacon and eggs, danish, ceral, oatmeal,with juices from oj to apple and cranberry. and they are nascar fan freely which was plus for us.

Room Tip: you get your own thermostat in your room to keep a very nice comfortable setting
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hello Darlene M.,

Thank you for choosing to stay in La Quinta Inn & Suites. Your positive reviews and excellent rating for us truly inspire our team to be more committed in our goal to provide you, our guests the best value services that you deserve for giving us your business. We are also glad that you were satisfied with the breakfast selection. We will strive to maintain the quality of accommodation and services that you enjoyed during your stay . Your satisfaction completes our business.

We look forward to your next visit in La Quinta Inn and Suites.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2013

This is a good hotel right off the Interstate. The restaurants are nearby. The rooms and service are excellent. Their price is reasonable. Their breakfast is great. Wifi and newspapers are provided. Pets are permitted

• Stayed April 2013