“Relaxed gourmet Hidden gem!”

Queenie's Steakouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Queenie's Steakouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #50 of 379 Restaurants in Denton
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Hickory and Austin
Description: Opened in 2013, Queenie's Steakhouse, Located just off the Denton County courthouse square, has quickly become one of the city's premiere dining establishment. A MODERN STEAKHOUSE Chef & Owner Tim Love's items on the Queenie's Steakhouse menu range from an inventive selection of steaks and seafood to dishes such as the Vacio, Smoked Goat Shephard's Pie, and Quail Legs.
“Relaxed gourmet Hidden gem!”
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

A friend recommended this hidden gem for our anniversary, and we were not disappointed! The atmosphere is very relaxed, but very gourmet! The service is excellent, the food delicious, and unique! If you love gourmet food like we do, this is the place for you!!

Visited July 2014

Dallas, Texas
“Best Beef Tenderloin!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I was so happy to find a wonderful high end restaurant in Denton. I started with the spicy lobster which was tasty and fresh. The gnocchi was delicious and my son and husband enjoyed the sausage. I had the beef tenderloin as an entree and it melted in my mouth. Fantastic. They even carry my favorite wine. I wasn't in love with the creme brûlée, it could have used more vanilla but I didn't go there for dessert. I'll be back, for sure!!

• Visited July 2014
Dallas, Texas
“Great Food and Service”
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Stopped in here for dinner after a friend recommended Queenies. I was quite surprised to find a high quality restaurant in Denton with food that can rival the Dallas scene. The pork chop and beef tenderloin was excellent.

It's on the high side as far as price range but I will be back to try more of Chef Love's creations.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank Kevin B
The Villages, Florida
“Queenies / not Love Shack”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Many of the former reviews are for TimLove's Love Shack. Queenie's is a totally different concept. This is upscale dinning at its finest. We recently had a graduation dinner there for a large family group. The service was impeccable and I must compliment the servers foe doing such a great job even though we had small children in our party. Servers often groan at upscale establishments when families come in. They handled it well and consequently the children behaved like adults. :-)
Yes, it is very pricey but well worth the cost.

• Visited June 2014
Fort Worth, Texas
“The wagyu tomahawk - steak excellence”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Second time here and even better than last time. We had a great server, again, in Jacob, and the two times here, we've had wonderful service. Friendly, but not over the top and in your face.

Every dish we had was wonderful. We had the lobster cake last time and again this time - still awesome. Corn and black been purée with a poblano infusion that goes with the lobster cakes...so so good. A basic salad we ordered had a somewhat sour dressing that worked with huge chunks of bacon. A side of Mac and cheese with truffle oil was great as well - so many places seem to overwhelm their truffle oil dishes with the oil but they don't here...and that's a good thing. But the star is the wagyu tomahawk.

At $90, it is expensive. But the meat is fantastic...melt in your mouth good. We asked for the suggestion from Jacob and he suggested medium rare, which is what we were guessing. The medium rare is a true medium rare. I found myself wanting to continue chewing..and chewing...and chewing, to get every last shred of flavor. It is so good. My fiancée and I shared it and I know I have at least 2 meals for the next two days. Our server mentioned it had a very basic mix of pepper, salt, and olive oil to help marinade it. You could taste every ingredient, along with every flavorful bit of steak. It is truly one of the best steaks I've ever eaten and my fiancée agreed.

There are some misses on the menu (from the last time, it's the smoked cauliflower), but nothing missed tonight. Well done, Tim Love and Queenies.

• Visited April 2014