“Great Place”

Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Fredericksburg, Texas
“Great Place”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have relatives a mile or two from here, and I've stayed here four of five times. It's always clean. It's always well-maintained. Previous reviewers have not been positive about the breakfast. If you want a better breakfast, try a Hilton or a Marriott with a restaurant on premise. It's good for what it is. Breakfast aside, this place fits my needs perfectly.

They walls are not paper thin. The biggest noise offender it the interstate a short distance away. I didn't hear any voice, any footsteps, or other odd noises.

The beds were great. I sleep on my side and usually flip over a few times a night. The bed in Room 205 was so comfortable that I didn't change positions. My only complaint, however, is that I noticed the table and chairs in the corner of the room were gone, leaving a large expanse of unusable, empty carpet by the window. There was a desk, but my brother and I couldn't watch TV from it. Please bring the table back.

The air conditioner thermostat was off a few degrees. We set it to 70F, and it only came on once during the first night. We figured out that if we had only turned it down a couple more degrees, it would have worked fine.

I just want to thank the staff and owner for their hospitality. When I made the reservation online, I thought I'd made it for 2 nights. I'd only made it for one. The owner called while I was visiting my family and wondered why I hadn't checked out on Saturday. I told them that I'd made the reservation for 2 nights, and they gladly extended my reservation. Turns out, I had not read my confirmation. I hope my negligence didn't cause them too much trouble.

At check-out, I made another reservation for June, when I will be passing through again. I recommend this place highly.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Suresh_Patel_Denton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Hiikeeba,
Thank you for taking the valuable time to write a review for our hotel. We appreciate for your patronage and looking forward to see you again in June. Thank you again.
Suresh Patel GM.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Texarkana, United States
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Hotel was clean and easy access from highway. Staff was pleasant and courteous. Convienent to restaurants and shopping. The breakfast needed a little more appeal. Wasn't very hot either. Would stay at this hotel again on any future trips.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Suresh_Patel_Denton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Dear Carol,
Thank you for taking the valuable time to write a review for our hotel. I saw the note you call for your telephone code. We ask both housekeeper who clean your room. They did not found any thing from your room. We do appreciate for your patronage and looking forward to see you again when you are in DENTON TX. Thank you again.
Suresh Patel. GM.
Sugar Land, Texas
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Attended a reunion just north of Denton on I-35, so this location was perfect. You can also walk to Cracker Barrel, McDonald's or Braum's. Rooms are nice size, clean and well serviced. Walls are thin, heard an argument the day we left on the third floor (shame on this couple!). Only downside, the breakfast: powder eggs, luke warm. We passed and ate in town the second day. Staff was attentive and friendly. If management can serve a real breakfast, this hotel would receive a better rating.

Room Tip: If stay on second floor, just beware you will hear conversations and walking from the third floor. M...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Suresh_Patel_Denton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the valuable tile to write a review for our hotel. Please accept my apologies you experienced at our hotel. We do appreciate for your patronage and looking forward to see you again when you are in DENTON TX.
Reisterstown, Maryland
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I came in to a very clean, lobby with a professional reception area helping out a senior politely and thoroughly.

Helped me to check in, print my boarding tickets and work in my room prior to meetings.

The only concerns were that you could hear every door open and close, but there is not much I can imagine they could do about this. I would stay again.

Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Annie,
Thank you for taking the valuable tile to write a review for our hotel. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced at our hotel. We do appreciate for your patronage and looking forward to see you again when you are in DENTON TX.
Dayton, United States
Reviewed 22 April 2014

The hotel was very nice. Beds were comfortable and rooms were very clean. The only disappointment we had was the pool was closed due to a hail storm a couple weeks before. We had promised our kids the entire 14 hour car ride that they could swim as soon as we got to the hotel. You can imagine how the news of the pool being closed went over. A phone call would have been nice.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Suresh_Patel_Denton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 23 April 2014
Dear Nicole,
Thank you for taking the valuable tile to write a review for our hotel. We do appreciate for your patronage and hope we will see you again when you are in DENTON TX.
Thank you again.
Suresh Patel. GM.
Burnet, United States
Reviewed 21 April 2014

While the woman working the front desk was kind and helpful, everything else about the stay at this hotel was awful. We were given a room on the first floor adjacent to the lobby and breakfast area. Each morning we were awoken by loud banging and beeping noises of breakfast preparation. We could hear every cabinet door opening, every drawer opening, the beeping of the waffle maker and microwave, the noise of the juice dispenser, etc. This noise started at 5:00 am and was continuous all morning. When I complained to the manager he said nothing but "sorry." I told him I knew he has had complaints before and he agreed but still said nothing nor offered anything to rectify the situation. His service was uncaring and unprofessional. I will be retuning to Denton often but will never stay at this hotel. I will never stay at this hotel again and neither should you!

Dear Kristi,
Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced at our hotel.
I did talk to you when you check-out. I did apologies on you comments you have for the noise from breakfast room. I did put the note on your profile next time you are in our hotel we try to give you a room away from elevator, breakfast room or ice machine.
Suresh Patel. GM
richmond, United States
Reviewed 13 April 2014

We have become winter Texans. So we need to spend a night on the road to get to Weslaco,Tx. Weslaco is bout an hour from South Padre Island, And about 6 miles from the Progresso International Bridge to Mexico. Each trip down and back we try a different hotel. Sampling different Chains each trip. This trip back we stayed at the Best Western PLUS Inn & Suites in Denton,Tx.. We stay in king bed rooms with a sitting area (usually a sofa bed.) As my wife likes to crochet afghan blankets. This hotel is a little skimpy on parking spaces. The Lobby is pleasant, the King bed was comfortable, the shower had good pressure and adjustable sprays. we didn't use any of the amenities. The Outdoor pool looked inviting though.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Suresh_Patel_Denton, General Manager at Best Western Plus Denton Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Dear Mike,
Thank you for taking the valuable time to write a review for us. TEXAS weather one day hot may next day very cool. That the only reason we haven't open the pool. Now we did open.
We do appreciate for your patronage and we looking forward to see you again when you are in DENTON TX. Thank you again.