“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Dallas, Texas
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 7 May 2012

I spent a couple nights here for business and was very happy with the entire experience. Spacious rooms, nice, large beds, new decor, and friendly staff all added to the good experience.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
deekolbe, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this review, 8 May 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding you stay. I am glad you had a great time and hope to see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 7 May 2012

Clean, smells good, nice hotel, great breakfast, great service. Not a single negative thing to say!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank USMuseFan
Thank you for taking time to share your experience at our hotel. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay and I look forward to your next trip to Denton.
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Stayed here for a long weekend and the place is fabulous. Very clean, great friendly staff and in a quite area, but easy to get to all the activities around Denton.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
deekolbe, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this review, 24 April 2012
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay! Come back and see us soon. Dee Kolbe General Manager
Gallatin
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Our 5th year, 10th trip to Denton from Gallatin, TN. Have stayed at this Hampton each time. Always clean, comfortable, and greeted with a smile. Would not stay at another hotel. Had trouble with our card. The desk clerk didn't bat an eye, picked up the phone and cleared the problem in no time. Great Staff!!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter. We like the King Studio on the Front Side.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
deekolbe, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to your next trip to Denton.
Brandon, Mississippi
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Just returned from my weekend trip seeing my Kids and stayed at this Hampton 2 nights.
The place was very clean, new look and feel, Hampton comfort beds, stylish room, and all of the staff were courteous.

However, other reports of the thin walls I think were a little understated. I am a deep sleeper, but I was awoken at ~5am both mornings thinking people were walking circles around my bed. Not sure what the floors and walls have for insulation, but it's not very sound dampening. My method of keeping the AC/HEAT fan on constant -vs.- Auto did not help.

The exercise room was tiny, 2 machines, and was in use so I didn't test the quality, but I did like the surrounding neighborhood and had a 2 mile walk/run both mornings. It was a large Condo and student area with sidewalks and seemed safe. I would have liked to have the whirlpool to have been open after the run, even with it being winter.

The breakfast area had plenty of items, but I actually thought it was subpar for Hampton. The bacon was Near Bacon, the orange juice watery, and the muffins were bland. Mid day found I had to warm my fresh poured cold coffee in the microwave.

Although I am more specific with my complaints, I likely would stay here again if I could not find a hotel close to the same rate I got with my HHonors. I would ask to be on the top floor next time; however, as perhaps this would cut down on some of the sound.

Room Tip: get a top floor room might try Holiday Inn on same road in same location
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Seattle
Reviewed 9 February 2012

Very clean, updated, well kept up hotel. For the price paid, this is really what I look for. The cleaning staff even remembers to replace the coffee AND the sugar/creamer packs (something that many places forget). The bed was very comfortable. Breakfast is typical for a Hampton Inn, but OK. Staff was very friendly.

Room Tip: Top floor, away from elevator, and on back away from highway.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Kansas City
Reviewed 2 January 2012

Stayed here on New Years Eve. Great hotel. Knowing we were going to be late checking in, I called enroute to make sure our room would be held. I was assured it wouldn't be a problem (even though I never gave my name or any other information). Room was indeed available when we arrived - and I did find out later that the hotel was sold out. Front desk staff was super friendly and helpful. Hotel was very clean. Beds soft and comfy. We had a queen suite - it was spacious and comfortable. even the couch and chair were actually comfortable to sit on and read. The only possible complaint is that the walls seem thin - could hear footsteps above us - but not late enough to be an issue.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family