“Denton”

Hampton Inn & Suites Denton
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This Hampton Inn was decent, I have no complaints about the staff the cleanliness of the rooms. The pool and hot tub was closed so no comment about that. This hotel does have a decent fitness area...I was surprised. The hotel is 5 min away from Starbucks and Denton mall as well as local restaurants. The breakfast is bland...very bland the bagels are not fresh, the eggs are powdered, and the omelets are not very tasty....With that being said the staff, condition of the hotel was very pleasant. I would stay there again without hesitation....Do not go eat at El Gaupos Mexican restaurant 3 out 4 got massive upset stomachs to the point of almost vomiting.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 16 June 2014

I am a Diamond member. Thought I would give this hotel another try but this will be the final time. Staff for the most part is pleasant. The hotel needs to be updated because it is a bit dingy and the mattress has seen better days! Not sure how I ended up with the EXACT same room as a previous stay but the problem was still the same... extreme wear on certain sides of the mattress and no assistance from management. Bathroom toilet had something strange between the tank and bowl along with what appeared to be mold in the shower.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Alyssa R, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2014

Gwen, I am so sorry to hear about your bad experience when visiting in June. As a Diamond member and a frequent Hampton guest, we appreciate your loyalty and your feedback. Please know that your review was taken seriously and used to help us improve future guest experiences. We have recently had many changes to the property and expect more exciting changes in the future. I would love to speak with you personally about your experience, the changes we have made, and what we can do to ensure you a great trip in the future. Please feel free to contact me at 940.891.4900 or by email at DentonDOS@ih-corp.com.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I enjoyed the bed and the room, but I was disappointed that the pool was closed the whole time I was there. Hallways was noisy like there was a child running up and down the hallway. The woman at the front desk let the other people that was with me charge things to my room so I had to pay extra at checkout. I really wish she would of asked me first. Other then that the room was really cleaned smelled cleaned. The bed was very comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Recently spent three nights here. Staff was very friendly and helpful when I checked in and for dinner recommendations, the room was clean and ready, it was pretty quiet and their breakfast offerings were well above what you would normally expect. I will be staying here again when I am in the area

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Traveling along the I-35N corridor late at night on a Tuesday, I was looking for either a Hampton Inn or Holiday Inn Express. Even though it was late and I was tired, the location and lack of signage for this Hampton Inn, almost forced me to drive on down the road. Taking the exit indicated, I still had to make four loops on and off the freeway before finally stumbling upon the entrance. I would not stay there again.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

I enjoy staying at Hampton hotels because you can always expect a nice hot breakfast that features a variety of choices to choose from. And after my last hotel stay at LaQuinta in Brownwood, I welcomed staying here. I checked in late that afternoon after working out and all I wanted to do was take a nice hot shower and eat my dinner. To my surprise the water in the shower was ice cold. I thought maybe I accidentally turned it on cold so I adjusted it and yep still ice cold. I contacted the front desk and changed me to another room, so I was completely satisfied with how this resolved. The hotel is within walking distance of Jonny Carino's Italian Restaurant and there are several eating places not to far from the hotel. The hotel staff were nice, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

One of the best Hampton Inns we have stayed in. A convenient location, right off I-35. Close to lots of restaurants. Clean, modern, with in room sinks, fridges, and microwaves. The breakfast was a bit odd--the eggs tasted of plastic, but the rest was good. The free mints were a nice touch. The property was quiet. The price was very fair. A tip: there is a great restaurant, Hannah's Off the Square, within a mile or two. We will return.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family