“Delicious food and charming atmosphere”
Review of Seven Mile Cafe

Seven Mile Cafe
Ranked #8 of 376 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Richardson, Texas
“Delicious food and charming atmosphere”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

This makes my third time at Seven Mile Café and each time has been wonderful. It's situated in a charming old home down a residential street. I haven't tried their yummy-looking pancakes yet, but have had their California eggs benedict (fantastic!), eggs Florentine, oatmeal crème brulee, cinnamon rolls (decadent), scrambled eggs and their French press coffee. They serve cuvee coffee from Austin and in their new coffeehouse next door serve Stumptown cofee with coffee tastings on Tuesdays.

I hear there is quite a line for breakfast on weekends, but my daughter and I always meet during the week and have never had to wait. It is wonderful and I can't wait to return!

• Visited April 2013

San Antonio, Texas
“This is our favorite place for breakfast in Denton!”
Reviewed 11 March 2013

A must-go for us while visiting Denton. We love the atmosphere and the variety the menu offers: vegan choices, healthy salads, eggs, pancakes, and so much more. The coffee is just wonderful and the Chai is delicious too. The place is normally really busy and we are always prepared to wait a bit. But who cares when the food is delicious?

• Visited February 2013
Irving, Texas
“Hidden Gem in Denton”
Reviewed 9 January 2013

Love Love Love this place. I received a flyer in the mail about this "new" Seven Mile Cafe" in Denton. My husband and I decided to go for Sunday brunch. There was a minimal wait but we were in no hurry. Even with as busy as it was, the service was prompt and the waitress was very sweet. It is located in Denton in a residential area and looks like a house converted to a restaurant. Not a lot of room inside but the food made up for the crowd.

Food: I had the spinach mushroom and egg scramble with hashbrowns and a pineapple upside down pancake on the side. Yes, it was a lot of food, but oh so heavenly! The Seven Mile Latte is a MUST have. The baristas created a swan in my latte, crafted with cream or something and as I sipped the latte the swan did not move. It was there til my last drop of latte was sipped. The latte was robust and very flavorful. Starbucks has nothing on this place.

In my opinion, this is a great place for brunch and will definitely go back when it's time for me to indulge again!

• Visited December 2012
Denton, Texas
“Seven Mile Cafe just keeps getting better”
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I've enjoyed eating breakfast and lunch at Seven Mile Cafe for a few months now. I really enjoy their pancakes; especially the pineapple upside-down pancakes (and the Red Velvet pancakes too). But they just bought the old church next door to the Cafe, and have now opened Seven Mile Coffee Bar. Much larger room and an enormous coffee bar, with free wifi and plenty of plugs for plugging in your various electronics. Hours are much later too now. So now if you have a large party of people which the small Cafe cannot accomodate, you can go to the Coffee Bar and enjoy the food there at their large tables. And fresh baked pies now too.

• Visited January 2013
Boyd, Texas
“Small But Good”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Went to Seven Mile for breakfast, we just beat the crowd at 10:00am. The café is small, two crowded rooms in an old house is the dinning space. The service was average; food was very good and not skimped on. The low point of the meal was the hollanda¬ise sauce, I should say hollandaise water, it was thin and runny with very little taste. Suggest you give it a try. Hope to give lunch a go someday.

• Visited October 2012

Been to Seven Mile Cafe? Share your experiences!