“Great Salsa, Poor Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Los Toreros - CLOSED

Cuisines: Mexican, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Pampa, Texas
“Great Salsa, Poor Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

My initial impression of Los Toreros was positive, their salsa was among the best I've had (and I grew up eating authentic Mexican food growing up in New Mexico). Beyond that, though, the rest of the food was slightly above average, but nothing spectacular. Service was very poor. From the time we were seated until we left, it was over 2 hours. We waited for over an hour for our food, and our waitress was seldom seen. My glass was frequently empty, and the only time it got refilled was when a bus boy happened to walk by and I could catch him and ask for more water. It is unlikely that we will return.

• Visited April 2014

“Can't Wait to Go Back!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 February 2014

Wow, this place rocks! The food was fresh and flavorful. I had the vegetarian enchiladas - chock full of not-overcooked veggies. And make sure to layer on their tomatillo sauce, which is to DIE for!
The service was friendly and efficient; the ambiance was elegant; and the prices were very reasonable. My server was named Laura, and treated us very well. I couldn't have asked for a better experience. :-D

• Visited February 2014
Odessa, Texas
“Not bad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

This little restaurant was near the hotel so we decided, "why not?" It is descent and the food is good. Just needs a few tiny touches for it to be a little local gem.

Denton, Texas
“Bland food, poor service, will not return”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

I went to Los Toreros on a Thursday evening with my husband and parents. We were staying in the hotel nearby and decided to try this restaurant. We were seated quickly and our drink order was taken quickly -- however, they did not have several different types of beer my father wanted. We were served salsa and chips quickly -- the salsa is very spicy and has a good flavor. Chips are OK - sprinkled with... chili powder? I had a margarita - it was average. My husband and I split the fajita trio (beef, chicken, shrimp), my mother had enchiladas, and my father had a burrito. For what it is worth, I LOVE fajitas and Mexican food. I thought the fajitas were just "ok" - they were very bland, no flavor. The tortillas, beans, and rice were all bland and did not seem fresh. None of our meals were very hot - our fajitas were barely sizzling. My parents both said their meals were very bland and just "warm" not hot. My husband said he liked the fajitas. I tend to enjoy Mexican food more than he does but he said he did like his meal.

The service was very bad. Although we were seated quickly and our drinks served quickly, it was downhill from there. We asked for more drinks and it took a long time to receive them. We ordered queso early on and never received it... I honestly forgot until I looked at our receipt and realized they charged us for the queso but never served it to us. The server was also not very friendly. There were only a few other tables when we were there - they were not busy, so I do not know why it took so long and why our food was served lukewarm.

Overall, I will NOT return here. Even if you are staying in the hotel nearby, go somewhere else!! I love Mexican food and I just know there has to be better Mexican food than this in Denton.

• Visited May 2013
Denton, Texas
“can not beat the lunch special!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2013

I hope this place makes it cause its just good! the prices are great and they bend over backwards to please you. great sunday brunch too! I have had almost everything on the menu and its all awesome!

Visited March 2013