“Tasty Juices & Smoothies, "burgers", salads & many bowls of flavorful things! A must visit.”
Review of The Bowllery - CLOSED

The Bowllery
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Friendly and accommodating owners always onsite, consistent quality and value in each dish. Unique dinning chairs and tables bring a bit of whimsey to the often filled dining space. Everything we have tried has been better than the one before. Nice to have a place nearby to eat fresh really tasty real food, that is excellent every time:)

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Located behind chicken express near UNT campus. Great food, lots of vegan choices (I'm not vegan though). I get the chicken teriyaki. LOTS of awesome smoothies to drink too. Fresh veggies, cool atmosphere, and a very friendly family owns it. LET YOUR FRIENDS KNOW!!! I don't want to see this place go out of business!

1  Thank Miles P
Reviewed 4 March 2014

My son turned us on to this restaurant. Now, it's the go to place when we have a craving for Asian. Most Asian restaurants give you enough for two meals, but they charge you for it. Not The Bowllery. I've often saved half my food to eat the next day, but the prices are comparable to fast food places that serve burgers.

Nice job guys.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

We happened upon The Bowllery during a visit to UNT for auditions at the music school--- My college auditionee and I had been on a road-warriors' typical American Fast Food binge the last few trips, I was coming down with a winter cold, and when we saw the "fresh food" part of The Bowllery’s logo/signage out front on Ave C, we admitted to each other that we should resign ourselves to "try something healthier". I confess I didn't have high expectations stepping into a strip-mall storefront in Texas… At best I thought we might get a half decent salad or bland bowl of soup. What we got instead was a mind-blowing surprise: A delightfully fresh, inspired, mouth wateringly delicious series of guilt-free Vitamin Bombs, which afterwards left me feeling energetic, relaxed, and refreshed… It was like a glorious upscale spa treatment for the appetite, without the upscale spa price tag.

Having no idea what to select off the menu (it all sounded pretty yummy, as you can see on the menu here: http://thebowllery.com/menus/), the helpful counter guy suggested a cup of Miso Soup, the Vair-Day yogi bowl (salsa verde, with basil and sun-dried tomatoes, over grilled zucchini, grilled sweet potato, grilled red bell pepper, and roasted cauliflower. served with baby spinach and romaine lettuce on brown or white rice, and topped with fresh parsley), and a glass of Heartbeet juice. (beet, carrot, apple, celery). While I selected to add grilled chicken on top of the entree, it would be filling enough as a vegan dish. This meal was perfect. Just what the doctor ordered.

My student chose the Teriyaki Chicken ninja bowl, house Ginger Ale (fresh-pressed apple juice, ginger, lime juice, sparkling water, agave), and we shared an order of fresh cut sweet potato fries (with cinnamon and clove). Awesome.

We enjoyed the place so much on Day 1, we came back again Day 2, ordering the Denton yogi bowl over noodles. There’s a reason the “Denton” is the most popular dish—It’s super.

The simple charm of the place also brought us back for another visit---The building’s shell might be a retrofitted ice cream parlor; Simple, sleek lines, black and white tiled floors, pressed tin ceiling, and clean white countertops house the register, an open food prep counter and a serving area. There’s even a wonderful little art gallery attached in the back. But the comfortable beauty of the joint is in the airy, eclectic feeling of the seating area, containing about 14-16 settings of various sized tables--- From two tops that invite a tête-à-tête conversation to long sturdy wooden farm tables that can handle a happy lunchtime crowd. Some inspired interior designer with an uncanny eye for beauty, style, comfort and function had a heyday, hand selecting and fitting a funky fun assortment of mismatched yet artfully arranged furniture; reupholstered comfy wing-backs, kitschy 50’s Formica, solid ladder back chairs, one gorgeously inlaid (possibly Indonesian?) tabletop, another covered with beautiful floral mosaic, one painted Pennsylvania Dutch, the next with elegant Queen Anne legs… It’s a treasure hunter’s paradise, yet pieces are set in orderly groupings and the contrasting elements happily co-exist. Plenty of ambient light, from bright, treated windows and gentle interior lighting. The result is a relaxing, comfortable atmosphere where diners can just breathe, recharge, and take time to enjoy the experience.

I sure wish The Bowllery had a franchise in EVERY college town we’ve visited—We would seek it out again and again. Will definitely return often if our music student lands at UNT. If you have the good luck to live in Denton, go check it out.

1  Thank Margaret B
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Finally a restaurant where you feel great about what you are eating! Meat-eater, vegetarian and vegan options are available. Great size portions and staff is very attentive and friendly. I wish there were more options like this, especially for eating out!