“Working Hard on Customer Service”
Review of The Wildwood Inn

and 1 more site!
The Wildwood Inn
Ranked #12 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed 21 April 2014

Back at the Wildwood with my wife for 4 nights. Thought I had reserved a King Suite, but somehow that got messed up. Confusing to try and reserve via the internet. All the websites look like Wildwood. Somehow we reserved a standard room via Expedia. Desk clerk seemed befuddled, but promised to address with management next day. It was addressed and we were moved to a King Suite. Only constructive criticism (and I know this is hard with college kids at the front desk) is that the night manager or desk clerk needs to be empowered to make a decision. The issue with Expedia was complicating, but a simple correction would have been to move us into the room with the understanding that there would be an upcharge. Next day, that's how the situation was resolved.

While the Wildwood is a nice wedding venue, I'm a business traveler who likes good hotels especially when I'm traveling with my wife. There aren't many nice hotels in Denton. I haven't stayed while a wedding was underway, but I believe that weddings are usually crowded, noisy affairs. If you can't tolerate that, don't stay there during a wedding. Simple enough.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank CRSlaton

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I got married here and I could not have asked for more! The place was so beautiful but also able to be decorated to make special for your day! I loved the staff and they were so helpful! I could not have asked for more!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Courtney T
Reviewed 17 April 2014

My coordinator made my wedding experience incredibly smooth. The room we rented (the bridal suite) was the perfect size for my ladies and I to get ready in the morning and the venue itself was just fantastic.
Not to mention the fact that this place was one of the best in terms of price! (cake INCLUDED, what??!?!?)

I had a wonderful time, and the pictures came out fantastic~Such a picturesque location!

Room Tip: The rooms in the back border the opening to the pool, so in the summer they can get loud...but they...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

Great spot, rooms and service. Sunday breakfast could be a little later to allow us to sleep in more and needs bigger coffee cups. However, all in all, exceeded expectations. Rooms are very nicely done

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2014

The guests at our wedding loved the Wildwood Inn. It is simply a beautiful place. The staff is very courteous and friendly. Food tasted wonderful and was displayed nicely. The rooms were very pretty and comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lori M
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We didn't go for an overnight; I was just looking to purchase it as a gift for our son and daughter-in-law. We were there recently for their wedding, and the venue is gorgeous. We didn't get to see any of the rooms, however. The food was FABULOUS!!! And, the mansion on first floor and outside is GORGEOUS!

Room Tip: Other things don't apply since we didn't stay overnight.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
WildwoodDenton, Manager at The Wildwood Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2014

Thank you so much for your kind words about Wildwood Inn. We are so happy to hear you enjoyed yourselves! Chef Sarah prepares some amazing food so we are elated to hear you enjoyed it! Come back and stay with us sometime! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Our Best,
Wildwood Management

Reviewed 20 February 2014

My husband and I stayed here for one night in February. This beautiful inn is nestled just minutes away from Denton Square. Our room was clean, spacious and had a beautiful décor. The grounds of the inn are very nice, with a pool and outside lounging area which we didn't use because of the time of year. I was disappointed that we went down for our continental breakfast at 9:30 and it was already closed. We couldn't even get a cup of coffee. That being said we went to the Old West Café for breakfast and that is highly recommended. All in all it was a fine stay.

Room Tip: We had room 9 on the 2nd floor overlooking the road. It was very quiet. Probably would have rather...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind words about our Inn. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your room and your stay! We do notify our guests at time of booking a reservation and at check in about our breakfast times as well as other helpful information. We are very happy you decided to stay with us and we hope to see you back at Wildwood Inn sometime in the near future. Thank you!

Our Best,