“Never Again.”

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Denton, Tx
“Never Again.”
Reviewed 25 August 2009

DO NOT stay here if you are not part of a wedding. I had been hearing about this place for so long and we got a gift certificate to stay. I was super excited to try their "4 star" dinner, but was extremely let down when (only after checking in) the restaurant would be closed for a private event. The event in question was apparently a wedding, but all I could hear for 3 hours straight was club remixes and extremely loud bass (not to mention loud kids and drunks yelling up and down the halls). It completely ruined any chance of relaxing that was supposed to be involved with that weekend. The staff should have mentioned that a wedding would be taken place during our stay before we made the reservations, but they did not. If you want to relive the days of living in the dorm, with paper thin walls and extremely loud music playing all the time, then this is the place for you! I stayed here for free and I still want my money back.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank musicman781
WildwoodDenton, Manager at The Wildwood Inn, responded to this review, 27 August 2009
Hello and thank you for staying at The Wildwood Inn. We apologize if your stay was dissatisfactory and if any information you received was misleading. We try to make every effort to let our guest know when making your reservation if our restaurant will be closed for a private event and if there could be loud music during your stay. Our restaurant is by reservation only, and we post all of our open dates on our website up to 30 days in advance so you can plan your stay accordingly. During events, the event guests are limited to where they can go, unless they have rented a room.

To readers of this response: We invite you, the guest, to provide us with the opportunity to rectify any issues you many have. It is not only possible, but probable, that when you kindly explain any problem to us, we – or any other caring hotel – will be able to make changes that will result in your satisfaction. We pride ourselves on our quiet, romantic Inn, it is very important to us that you are happy and comfortable and leave with good memories. This business is our passion.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Dallas
Reviewed 1 July 2009

My wife and I went to a wedding there and it was absolutely beautiful. From the moment we stepped in, we felt so welcomed and the staff seemed so genuine. The landscaping and pool area were well appointed and made for a great surrounding for the ceremony. We then moved into the resturaunt for the reception and again enjoyed the scenery while dining on some delicous food. We live about an hour away and my wife and I can't wait to get away for the weekend to enjoy some R&R with beautiful surroundings, great food, & genuinely pleasant staff!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Decatur
Reviewed 19 June 2009

My family and I dine at the Wildwood on a regular basis. The food is always amazing and we enjoy the menu variety and wine selection. My hat goes off to the chef and wait staff...excellent service. We recently had the pleasure of watching our son get married at the hotel. The preparation and ceremony was flawless and I can't say enough about the beautiful presentation. The wedding party and family booked the hotel for the night. The rooms were exceptionally nice and all raved about the scones for breakfast. I would highly recommend this hotel....high-end with inviting charm!

• Stayed January 2009, travelled with family
dallas
Reviewed 17 June 2009

I've been to the Wildwood probably 15 times over the past three years. I live in Dallas and have a hectic schedule, and I thoroughly enjoy having a spot so close where I can get away for a quick, relaxing break.
The rooms are amazing with comfortable beds and large bathrooms, and the staff is wonderful.
I enjoy the Wildwood so much that I recently chose to have my wedding there. Their staff was quite impressive. Kendra (wedding coordinator) runs a tight ship, and Pam and her kitchen staff prepared an outstanding dinner for our guests. Our ceremony was outside and absolutely beautiful. The owners (Sarah and Keith) are a very cute couple who went out of their way to make our experience one we will cherish for the rest of our lives.
I will definitely be back.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
Bedford, TX
Reviewed 15 June 2009

My niece recently got married at the Wildwood Inn in Denton, TX outside under the pergola. The setting was beautiful and the weather cooperated. The reception was held inside. The food was delicious and temptingly presented; the wait staff was efficient, prompt and knowledgeable; the musicians were delightful; the photographer took fabulous pictures - all in all, this was the most beautiful wedding I have ever attended. I spent the night at the Inn. My room was beautifully decorated, the sheets and bed were so comfortable and the hotel made sure ever amenity was available. The management even arranged for a delicious special hot buffet the next morning, which was part of the wedding package. The Wildwood Inn is a gorgeous bed and breakfast. While located in a large metropolis, I felt like I was in secluded elegance and on a relaxing vacation. I highly recommend this establishment to anyone.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
texas
Reviewed 15 June 2009

The Wildwood Inn is the perfect get away for any occasion. I have been to several weddings there and eaten in their 4 star restaurant. The owners and staff are amazingly accomodating and kind.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Fort Worth
Reviewed 14 June 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Wildwood Inn for our anniversary. When booking for the night, the staff was very accommodating and honest, explaining that there was a small wedding at the hotel the night we wanted to stay. They told us that there was a room available, fairly separate from the others. Upon arrival, the staff was very pleasant. Our room was beautiful, and our stay provided us with a relaxing evening.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple