Just some things to consider with a wedding at the Wildwood Inn. Part of my problem was I scheduled the wedding from a distance. So there were some details that were misunderstood.
1) They say they can handle 120 people so that is one reason I choose them. But at time of contract signing (it was a pretty quick wedding) I found out that is only if 50 or so are on the patio. We got lucky for a mid-March wedding in Texas so it wasn't too cold for the guest on the patio. However it did split the reception up. By the time I found out about having to use the patio, it was too late to consider other locations. So if you call any location and they say they can handle a certain number, ask if them mean in one room or more than one. Who knew I had to be so specific?
2) Be warned, they remove the buffet food quickly. The family was taking pictures for 30 mintues after the wedding and the food was removed 1 hour after the wedding, if not before. It was gone before I knew it and guests were left hungry. I was later sold a tray of cheese and fruit for $500. I could have bought an entire dairy in a poor country for that! (just kidding). The coordinators will tell you they removed the food because the bride & groom were ready to move onto the next event, but the bride and groom didn't have a clue that meant the food would be removed. The coordinators will also tell you this is in the contract, they are correct but please be warned. Buffet food may disappear too early.
3) The outside location rock is rough and usually muddy or dirty. I called a couple of weeks before and asked if I needed runners and was told no. Day before then wedding when we got a good look at it we realized by daughter's train would be ruined and didn't think we had time to solve the problem. So she was married in front of the pool with the guests on the patio. We had to buy patio stones so the bridesmaids did not sink in the grass. Most of the guests could not see the ceremony from that location.
4) The fancy gold chairs for $3 per person are not in the best of shape and look pretty plastic. They look OK in pictures, but not great in person.
5) The add ons add up so if you are looking at a location you think is higher than the Wildwood, make sure you look at all of the add ons. They maybe equal.
1) The taste of the food was good if you had time to grab any.
2) The coordinators were helpful as I put together my own arrangements.
3) The rooms are very pretty, large and really nice.
4) The location looks romantic.
5) They take credit cards (again, HA!HA!, you will need it).
In summary - I would recommend this location for a small wedding, but just consider the itmes I discussed above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Wildwood Inn is a romantic retreat popular with couples looking for elegant European-style ambiance and amenities combined with today's modern technology. Wildwood Inn is a popular destination for weddings and events with cascading trees & a gorgeous pergola perfect for an outdoor ceremony. Wildwood has a beautiful private reception area with elegant tables, chairs, linens, fireplace, and more! We can host events for up to 120 guests and your guests can even stay on site after the event in one of our beautiful guest rooms. Amenities include a pool and spa in our lush garden area, complimentary full breakfast on weekends, free wireless and high speed internet, whirlpool bathtubs, fireplaces, plush robes, romance packages, private balconies, European toiletries, and fine linens. Our boutique hotel is available for reservations on Friday & Saturday evenings! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers so you can book your The Wildwood Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Wildwood Hotel Denton
- Wildwood Hotel Denton