“It's the real thing & the best around”
Review of Siam House - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Siam House
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Because of Siam House, Thai is our favorite cuisine. We look for it wherever we travel but always get back to Denton to be reminded that we left the best at home.

The best thing about the food at Siam is whatever they are cooking that day "with all your favorite vegetables." The sauce is exquisite, be it a Thai chili, curry, or a simple pepper sauce with fresh basil and tofu . All the dishes we eat there are light and aromatic. Spring rolls are wonderful, and, if you have room for desert, the delicious coconut ice cream is made on-site. We appreciate the quiet and tasteful atmosphere and the friendships we have developed with Noon and Russell since they first came to Denton.

A few years ago Russell was ill and went through a scary time. He is back and in full spirits. Denton is blessed to have a restaurant like Siam. I've recommended it several times to visitors from all over the US who came into town for sporting and other events. They are always thankful for the information, and several have mentioned the reasonable prices.

By the way, the restaurant is no longer at the Avenue C address listed on TripAdvisor. Its new location is downtown - "just off the square."

There are newer reviews for Siam House

Reviewed 15 February 2013

I have dined at this establishment on and off for two years now and I have never been disappointed by the food or service on any of my visits. The husband works the dining room floor and the wife creates her magic in the kitchen. Both are wonderful at their jobs. You are able to specify that amount of heat you want with your meal. Also, don't pass on the coconut ice cream (freshly made) served with a heated slice of chocolate cake (it should be required with each meal served).

Reviewed 11 December 2012

Wonderful food, great owner-operators. Husband and wife team make this place. Wife is from Thailand and gets special curries and spices from there. BYOB.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

If you are looking for a place to get away from it all, Siam! Food is to die. A little pricey but so well worth. My husband and I enjoy going every now and then just to get away from all the noise, traffic and congestion's of life.....

Reviewed 4 June 2012

I was visiting my girlfriend who had just moved into Historic Denton. While scoping out the square and the historic Courthouse we discovered the Siam House tucked way on Avenue C. We returned later that week for dinner. We each had a different special that was offered. My friend had a shrimp dish that was perfectly cooked. (I live in Key West where the shrimp are fresh and I was impressed.) My dish was a beef curry that I'd wished was a little spicier but they kindly brought me out some crushed hot curry to please my palate. The wife is the chef and the husband the host and what a delightful couple. This is a do not miss while in Denton and if I lived there it would be a place I'd visit at least once a month.