“Good Catfish, Smiling Service”
Review of Catfish King Restaurant - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Catfish King Restaurant
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I read a couple of the reviews while I was searching online for the menu...it had been a while since me and the wife went by, one of the kids is allergic to peanut oil so we have to get it when the kids have already eaten anyway I knew that every time I had been by before it was really good catfish. So Tonight I went by and got some to take away. I got home and it was still really good. They had those longer hushpuppies instead of the round, my wife likes them better. I would tell you that it is not a 5 star restaurant because its not. But if you want some fried catfish its good, just give it a try. And if you have time to go in it is paneling inside, and everyone always seems friendly. I have never seen the place busy but that's a plus if you don't like crowds. Hope you enjoy

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I went in just after opening to find a salad bar that looked as if it was recycled or there for a long time. The all fried options of catfish and shrimp were very bland and not worth the amount spent.

The staff was VERY nice but I wont be heading back even though the location is very near me and I am a seafood fan.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

As I stated in another review, finding good farm-raised catfish anywhere is a challenge, but the Catfish King restaurants across NE Texas can be a good choice, when they're run well. If this location does no better than my last visit, they may as well shut it down. They're never quite clear on how much fish you'll get, but in my normal visits at various locations--some of which are company owned and some that are franchisees--when I order a Regular Catch, I get enough for a meal, 6-7 decent size pieces. On this visit, both my son's plate and mine each had four SMALL pieces of fish. I didn't say anything, probably because the fish was not good anyway, so why ask for more? Then, after a few minutes a server came over and gave us TWO (one each) extra, STILL SMALL, pieces, saying 'we got your order wrong.' Yes, they did--in so many ways. Won't go back to this location.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

You got to go if you are looking for a fill of catfish, hush puppies and tea. Easy to get caught up in what's missing, but then you miss the star of the show. They also have shrimp and a few other things.

Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

Went in on a whim. The place was pretty empty. Everything from tables to siverware was dirty. Way over priced to boot. Not sure if it was an off day and we just had a bad experience. Would not try it again.

1  Thank Jennifer L