“Really good hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Denton
Ranked #11 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We were looking for a hotel while we visited family. We booked it on Bookit. It had spacious rooms was clean and had a refrigerator which was nice since we stayed a few days. The continental breakfast had plenty of food for any taste. It was walking distance to eating places and shopping. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 14 February 2013

We booked our rooms on Priceline and were very happy with our 1 night stay. The room had a king bed, couch, spacious bathroom, desk, TV, and refrigerator. The hotel felt very clean and new. The complimentary breakfast was very good in a nice, clean, spacious dining room. It is conveniently located right off the highway, north of the square in Denton and UNT.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I booked my room in Denton at Priceline and was somewhat concerned when I found out it was the Fairfield Inn because I had read several negative reviews about Fairfield. Upon arrival, I was very pleasantly surprised to find a great room in a great hotel with friendly, competent service people.

For several years I was in charge of housekeeping at a Big Ten student union and a 1,200 room dorm that often functioned as a hotel. So I know what to look for and I'm also quite picky. From clean floors to curtains with no missing hooks, beautifully folded towels, in-room mini fridge and microwave, a big-screen TV, Paul Mitchell products and good lighting. It was all there. The hallways were clean and well maintained as was the spacious lobby with two computers with printers in the business center. The inside pool wasn't large or deep, but my grandkids who came to visit sure had fun. The breakfast was attractive and guests really seemed to enjoy making their own waffles.

The location of the hotel wasn't especially great for me because of where my family lived. But it is located near Texas Women's University, nearby shopping and within easy walking distance of several restaurants.

I don't have a single complaint or criticism about this hotel and really have to wonder about the negative comments made by others. I would highly recommend this hotel to others and would not hesitate to stay there again. Really, there is nothing more I could have asked for.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 331 at the end of a hallway. I heard NO outside noise.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We stay at Fairfields in all our travels. For the first time, we experienced a front desk employee that was more interested in her phone conversation than in attending to customer (at 10:00 pm). We were left with feeling that our requests and questions were an inconvenience and that we ought not to be asking/requesting such.
Elevator had horrible smell. Bedside table drawers did not shut (even after trying to put items under front to re-balance) which was harmful when getting out of bed in middle of night and early morning.
This was such an unusual experience for us at a Marriott Fairfiled - we have always had exceptional experiences.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
leslie a, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2013

Thank you for taking time to contact Trip advisor to explain the issues that have occurred recently. We regret any inconvenience you have experienced, and I would like to find out more information of your service. If you could please contact me at leslie.albrecht@marriott.com .
We assure you that we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied guest.

Reviewed 22 November 2012

Hotel Cheaply built. Has wooden floors. Can hear conversations from other areas of the hotel. Marriot has gone downhill on building this one. Room above had children. Thud! Thud! Thud! Front desk Lady- no help.Evening Clerk guy called the room, and tried to help. She has obviously delt with this problem too many times. Only stay on third floor to avoid this problem!

Room Tip: Third floor only
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
leslie a, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Thank you for taking time to contact Trip advisor to explain the issues that have occurred recently. We regret any inconvenience you have experienced, and I have forwarded your comments to my owners to see if they have any suggestions on how we can fix this issue in the future. We assure you that we are anxious to retain you as a satisfied guest.

Reviewed 27 September 2012

Can highly recommend this Fairfield, and will stay here again. Its what you expect, big rooms, clean, and the extras. This one has lots of small, nice touches, like towels folded nicely, they have moisturizers as ammenities, and - big plus - it has a fridge and a microwave. The gym has very modern treadmills, and a small pool.
Contrary to many Fairfields I stayed in, this one allows easy access to a great variety of eateries, and shops. Very friendly people at check in.

Room Tip: Rooms with ..10 are close to the ice maker machine, try to get one further down the hallway.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Was very nice for the price. Wonderfully friendly people and convient location. The gym and pool were clean and easily accessible. Comfortable beds and good breakfast and awesome coffee. Would stay here again. Quiet rooms and even though it is off the highway we heard no highway noise.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family