“Decent Hotel, Horrible Experience”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Denton
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Denton
San Antonio, Texas
“Decent Hotel, Horrible Experience”
Reviewed 7 October 2013

The hotel was clean, quiet, and the staff was courteous. However, I had booked and prepaid for my room on Priceline, as I am a single mom traveling on a budget. Unfortunately, this hotel charged my bank card for my room despite the fact that it was prepaid. Sadly, this happened to be the last $140 in my account. I was left without money for food or to travel home to my daughter. I am stuck here in Denton until my refund is credited to my card. I am told this will not happen until late next week. I had budgeted carefully for my trip and this should not have happened to me. This has been a horrible experience that has left me in a desperate situation. Will never use Priceline or this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jessumom
leslie a, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
I do apologize for the inconveniences this has caused you. I would like to get this taken care of and make sure we can resolve this issue quickly for you. Please give me a call at 940-384-1700 and ask for Leslie Albrecht.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Amarillo,Texas, United States
Reviewed 6 October 2013

Nice friendly staff. good breakfast, loved the extra room.
We have no kids with us so I can not rate that part, Also did not use room service. We asked for extra towels and they were pleasant about it. Ant time I see more than 3 pillows on the bed I know it will be a good stay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lexington,Kentucky
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Most Fairfields are cut from the same mold.....Clean, not too expensive, good staff, good beds and this one is no different. Would definitely recommend. Plus would be that within walking distance is a Sams Club, Cracker Barrel and McDonalds.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Omaha, NE
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Our son is a student at UNT and we first stayed here when he was auditioning for admission to the music program. We came back when we moved him in as a freshman and will be back again. The hotel is clean, well-run, and the staff is friendly and professional. There are only two things to be aware of. FIrst, due to its location, getting in and out of the parking lot can be a bit of a challenge. Second, the complimentary breakfast is mediocre, at best. Those aren't dealbreakers for us, but if those are important to you, then you've been warned.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank subwayrat
Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Reviewed 3 June 2013

As a platinum Marriott member, I see a lot of hotels. This particular location was rather a let down. The front desk staff was somewhat unpleasant. The big problem was in the room; under the bed was an old gatorade bottle, dirty socks (not mine) and giant dust bunnies...really disgusting.

I would rather forego my points and status with Marriott then to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
leslie a, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this review, 30 July 2013
I would like to take the time to tell you thank you for providing us with feedback of your stay. I am sorry your stay was not satisfactory. We are looking into what went wrong with our staff service but I have a few questions to clarify so that this does not happen in the future. I would like to hear from you personally also to get these issues resolved. Please give me a call at 940.384.1700 or email me at leslie.albrecht@marriott.com. Again I apologize your the inconveniences
San Antonio, TX
Reviewed 14 May 2013 via mobile

We picked this hotel because it was convenient to our trip north on I35. We got a good senior rate and could walk to Cracker Barrel. We had a first floor room. It was very nice. Large HDTV, premium channels, good wireless, clean, comfortable beds, good climate control. What more could you want? Oh! My husband says they need a stationery bike in the fitness room. :-)

• Stayed May 2013
Austin, Texas, United States
Reviewed 5 May 2013

As a part of the University of North Texas family we have stayed at this hotel many times over the last 5 years as it offered an affordable stay with clean rooms and friendly staff, however, my viewpoint changed after last night's stay. As per my request I was assigned a first floor room (I had my elderly parent with me), but unknown to me there was a party scheduled in their conference room 5 doors down. The party was complete with a loud DJ and music. Party attenders flowed into the hallways and lobby yelling and screaming until after midnight. The doors to the conference room were left open allowing all sound and party goers to disturb paying patrons into the late hours (after midnight). When I tried to go to the desk to ask that the doors be closed to eliminate the noise problem, there was no one at the desk. Finally, sometime after midnight I called the front desk to complain. I was told that they would be wrapping up shortly. The second issue was parking, the party goers took all the parking from paying patrons. I was left to park in a neighboring hotel parking lot and walk to Fairfield. Paying patrons should have first access to those parking places and not be forced to walk from another location. As a Marriott rewards member, I was very disappointed in how this situation was managed. If I would have known at check in that this event was scheduled I would have requested an upper floor or simply moved to another hotel if the no other rooms would have been available. Management should have closed the doors to the room and requested party goers to not roam throughout the hallways of the hotel. There are two outside doors to the conference that could have been opened if the room was too warm, but none of this was done. It appeared there was no control over this party at all. Thus, due to the fact that I had to leave early the next morning to get on the road I got about 5 hours of poor sleep. Is this the new Marriott way of doing business?? If so, I think I will go to Hilton or Best Western Premier for future visits to Denton and as member of the UNT parent association, I would not recommend this hotel to UNT parents visiting their children.

Room Tip: Stay away from room on lower floor.