“Lifesaver”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Denton
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I cannot say enough about the enjoyable experience my daughter and I had. We had driven 6 hours and the hotel we had reservations at looked run down, the employees were unprofessional and the cheap looking hotel was not so cheap. We drove to the Fairfield Inn and right away felt a different atmosphere. The lady at the desk was more than happy to do her best to get me a good rate and had a room available. This hotel was clean and all the employees for pleasant. I of wish I could have gotten the same rate for my upcoming stay in the area in June. But I will have to stay at a cheaper hotel . But we very much enjoyed our experience

• Stayed: May 2014

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Stayed here for 1 night in May 2014 and was very impressed. I frequent many Fairfield Inns and this property was well above the average Fairfield. It was very clean and modern in style with very friendly staff. The bed was exceptionally comfortable (I like a firm matress). The indoor pool and hot tub were clean and extremely relaxing. Breakfast selections were also better than at most Fairfields. Convenient location and plenty of parking. A great choice!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 May 2014

As always, I chose a Fairfield because of their consistency and standard cleanliness. This one is no exception. Great service, clean rooms, good breakfast, and not lots of kids. Perfect for my short business trip.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Recently spent four nights at hotel during Final Four and NASCAR weekend. Denton had just experienced one of their worst hail storms in history, but hotel managed to come through in time for the big crowds coming to the area. Rates were higher than normal due to the special events, but at regular rates, the hotel offers a great value for travelers. Recently remodeled on the inside, we found our room spacious and clean. We had one of the larger "suites" with two double beds and living area with half wall, pullout couch and additional TV. Beds were VERY comfortable but wish the lamp next to bed had outlet to charge iphone as in other hotels.(I think the lamp in the living area had an outlet). Heard nothing from rooms on either side, but ceilings are too thin allowing one to hear every step of those pacing the floors above you! Experienced this at another Fairfield Inn before so Marriott should correct this in future construction. We stayed on the second floor and in the future I would switch to the third floor to avoid this. On the second night I was able to just run the fan for "white noise" which solved this problem. Staff was friendly and helpful when I needed help with printer in lobby. Breakfast room was nice and offerings were plentiful such as waffle maker, yogurt, fruit salad, oatmeal, muffins, bagels and scrambled eggs and sausage patties (would have loved one day of bacon, but it was included in room rate so can't really complain). Stores nearby and easy on/off I35. I would return.

Room Tip: Stay on the third floor to avoid hearing people walking above you.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank NYtraveler110
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Friendly and helpful staff, a clean comfortable room and one of the nicest beds in any hotel I have stayed in. A great place to stay in the Dallas/Denton area. Easy freeway access with plenty of places around to eat.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank John-in-Utah
Reviewed 3 March 2014

We stayed for eight nights. The front desk folks were wonderful, attentive and ready to help. The pool and gym were clean. The breakfast is yummy, but see below about the coffee.

We have two complaints for this hotel. 1) the water temp is too high. If we had children, we would worry they might be scalded very easily. That's a serious safety problem. 2) the mildew smell in the elevator is awful! This is a first impression area. When we got in the first time, we said, "If the hall or room smells like this, we're checking out." Thankfully, the hall and room were good. Please have that carpet replaced.

The only other complaint is for the Marriott chain of hotels. No matter how fresh, the in-room & lobby coffee is TERRIBLE. We go to the nearest gas station for our morning coffee. Please find another vendor. We recommend Tully's or Seattle's Best. If we stay at a Marriott again, we'll bring some Starbucks instant.

• Stayed: February 2014
leslie a, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Denton, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Dear Valued Guest

I would like to thank you for providing us with this feedback. I have addressed the hot water issue and we have lowered the tempreture on our boilers for our guest safety. I am also working on the elevator to eliminate the smell. Again thank you for the feedback.

Leslie Albrecht

Reviewed 26 December 2013

We stayed during an ice storm that literally shut down the city of Denton and I-35. The guest service was amazing! Management stayed at the hotel and worked along side every department to keep the breakfast going, the rooms cleaned and guests comfortable. The hotel is beginning renovation (yes, it's needed) but it was clean and comfortable. Every employee acknowledged us and all were friendly and helpful. The internet had no connection issues, despite the ice storm. The breakfast area is roomy and having a bar to plug in phones and laptops was a plus! The pool and hot tub looked inviting but there wasn't enough time to enjoy either. There's plenty of shopping and decent restaurants nearby. I would recommend this hotel for the business traveler or family.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family