“Nice Hotel... but there's always something.”

SpringHill Suites Denton
Ranked #10 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed 1 December 2012

I stayed here for 2 nights in October and if I needed to stay a third I would have went to the HI Express just a bit north.

I was greeted and upgraded to a Jacuzzi room as a Platinum Member. The lobby was nice and inviting. The room was clean, well designed, comfortable, good water pressure, good internet speed. So I have zero issues with the room at all.

The problem I encountered was the hotels were working off and on for the 48+ hours I was at the hotel. I fully understand that mechanical problems exists, in fact I actually enjoyed my march up to the 4th floor each day.

Where the problem lies is..... the staff was unresponsive to put signs on each floor telling guests that the elevators were out. So multiple times I would stand on the 4th floor waiting on an elevator that would never come because it was out, but being on the 4th floor or any other floor than the lobby level I had no way of knowing. As a business traveler, it was frustrating.

So in summary the hotel is nice and so are the rooms. And if in Denton again, I will certainly give it another try. But on this particular stay if I was staying just 1 more day I would have checked out and went to the HI Express just 2 miles north (also a very nice property).

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank majones7

Reviewed 14 November 2012

I came to this property for UNT Homecoming weekend. I had booked a couple of weeks in advance and guaranteed my stay on my Visa card. After a tiring trip from the Houston area to Denton, me and my wife were flat tired and were ready to crawl into bed. To my total disbelief, when I got to the front desk to check in, I was told that my room had been sold to NASCAR guests. We along with several other guests I knew were all sent away to the LaQuinta Inn on the far north end of Denton. I watched as a room key was given to a NASCAR guest right in front of me. The front desk attendent rudely said the NASCAR guest got here earlier. Not to mention, all of the guests who were being bumped to the LaQuinta Inn just happened to be African American like me and they all were told the same thing as me. Hmmm, I guess NASCAR takes priority over Priority Club members.

Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Marcus H
Reviewed 11 September 2012

No honor or integrity. I only did one star because it was required. On a scale of 1 to 10 this place is a minus 1000 ! If you book here do not expect to get the room that you booked. I booked a jacuzzi room for our 18 th anniversary and 50 th birthday. We showed up and were told there was no jacuzzi room available, someone wanted to stay one more night so they got our room that was booked one month earlier. The girl behind the counter said they could not kick them out. So the plans we made meant nothing to the management. Then they wanted to upgrade us but how do you upgrade to a room with out a jacuzzi. She said we could get the room the next night. Pretty bad seeing we had the room booked for two nights. I am retired military. I have honor and integrity. I would not lie about this.

Room Tip: check another hotel
Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Dan S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at SpringHill Suites Denton, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2012

Dear Dan S,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I would like to apologize for the issues you had during your stay. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 20 August 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights on a business trip and couldn't ask for Better. Rooms was very clean and staff were great particularly Linda in the bar. I will stay here again when I am next in Denton. The cost of rooms were also not over expensive.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 19 July 2012

First, you're far enough away from I35 you can't hear any traffic!! Unlike some newer hotels this one was put together right with quality materials creating very nice suites. Staff here was very professional and check in went smoothly. Plenty of parking, and it seemed very safe here. Bar/Restaurant area again was very professionally put together. The food was also good but you are also within walking distance of Carinos if you like Italian food.

But what I liked the most from this experience is my sleep. As mentioned it was quiet, the room was well put together so I couldn't really hear anyone around me or above me. The bed was comfortable and overall you simply have to pay much more money typically for this type of quality stay. Don't overlook this hotel!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank MStover
Reviewed 15 July 2012

We stayed for one night in July. The room was nice and clean, the bed was very comfortable and the staff was very helpful. There are dining options nearby as well as in the hotel. The indoor pool looked inviting, but we had been traveling all day and did not use it, We did have a few issues in the morning, coffee was out around 6:30, but no cream or covers for a to go cup. Also our television only received local channels, all other channel stated "you are not authorized". I called the front desk and was informed she did not have a television. OK, I think she missed the point.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MEGDAVE
Reviewed 3 July 2012

I was traveling with a teenager and a senior citizen on this trip, as we stopped for a night to tour the University of North Texas. We had a small suite with two beds, two televisions & a fold out couch. The couch had a decent mattress & was pre-made when we folded it out. There was a heavy door between the two beds & the couch & the other television so that we really could watch two television shows at the same time. My son enjoyed the free wi-fi & his own television, and my mom enjoyed the comfortable room & wide variety of television channels available. There was a good refrigerator & a microwave in the room, which was wonderful to store extra drinks for our cooler. The pool was a bit of a disappointment to my son, as it was no deeper than 4 feet at any point, so a six-foot teen couldn't even tread water. Would have been great when he was younger. The breakfast was included since I was a Priority Club member, and it was tasty. It was a buffet with made to order eggs, which was just what we needed before we left for the tour. Since check-out wasn't until 12, we were able to take the tour & come back to the room to freshen up before we left town, which was wonderful since it was already in the upper 90s. The staff at the location was wonderful. We even saw them cleaning super-tall air-vents in the ceiling, which more places should do more often!

Room Tip: When traveling with kids, the extra money for the two-tv suite is really worthwhile.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family