“Delicious Food”

Shogun Steak and Sushi
Ranked #213 of 385 Restaurants in Denton
Cuisines: American, Japanese
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Went there last night for Valentine's Day, made reservations that morning for 7:30 p.m. When we arrived of course it was a mad house, we barely had any room to come in the door. Lets just say we had no personal space! People had been waiting for 45 minutes when we showed up, so I was glad I had made reservations. Waited for 10 minutes before seeing a waitress and when we told her we had reservations about 3 other couples stated the same thing, apparently they had not spoken to anyone either. The waitress was obviously overwhelmed, said she didn't know but would ask, then disappeared. After waiting for 10 more minutes a man went around to the bar area and spoke to a manager and told him he had reservations so of course we followed. We told the manager we had reservations as well. We waited about 5 more minutes before the manager asked us to follow him to our seat. The waitress although extremely busy, managed to get our drinks, soup and salad pretty fast. We waited for 45 minutes for the chef to come out but luckily we were seated with 2 other friendly couples so the wait was not terrible. The chef was amazing, he had us laughing the whole time and the food was cooked perfectly and was delicious. The atmosphere was great once we got seated, totally different story at the entrance though. I give Shogun 4 stars out of 5 because although we made reservations we waited 25 minutes before being seated and they were a bit disorganized but we will definitely visit again.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Visited Shugun of Denton for me birthday with 6 other friends
My wife and I had been there before and had a great meal.
This time it was very bad. One of our group got delayed in traffic and was 10 minutes late. With the attitude of the staff you would have thought I restarted
WW II. It went downhill from there. One waiter for 8 tables. Service was slow,
Food was under cooked and the chef was not friendly.
Seems like there were rushing us …get them in get them out asap.
Would not go back.

Reviewed 1 April 2013

We take the family here and go to the Hibachi room for the kids, the show is fun and the food is excellent. The wife and I will order from the sushi menu and eat with the kids. The sushi and sashimi menu is well represented and consistently very good. It is not an inexpensive place to dine, so go in knowing you are going to drop some of your hard earned wages. Never been upset with my bill tho.

Reviewed 10 April 2012

My son and his wife took me here for my birthday. The food was excellent especially the vegetables. Service could have been better but it was OK and they were busy. The cook at our grill did a good and entertaining presentation. Will definitely go back. Since we did not have sushi I don't know about it.

Reviewed 17 July 2011

This place is great. The service is good. The food is great and plentiful. The price is not bad compare to other hibachi restaraunts, but high for Denton. We really enjoy this place.

Been to Shogun Steak and Sushi? Share your experiences!