“Love it!”

Price range: US$9 - US$14
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Original Trail Dust opened as a family-owned restaurant in the town of lincoln park Texas on Feb 2,1973 starting with simple menu of a few classic steak favorites they quickly gained the respect of the local population by acquiring the first liquor license to serve bar drinks that had been issue in the county since 1918 located in the wide-open spaces about 20 miles of north Dallas the TrailDust quickly overcame any skepticism that folks wouldn't drive that far just to eat a steak and do a little dancing the quaint red barn an atmosphere that makes you feel at home and its authentic western decor soon gained popularity and notoriety as The country and western steakhouse and entertainment spot for people from miles around A Friday and Saturday night trip to the Parker Bros, Trail Dust Steakhouse became a regular country outing..and half the fun was just getting there! Their formula for success was simple give all customers the best value for their dollar with top quality steaks,hearty servings and friendly services Next, add a colorful atmosphere of country fun with live music and dancing to round out the evening. within a year and half the successful enterprise expended with the opening in Colorado this was later followed with opening in Dallas,The original Traildust in lincoln park was there till march 29 2015 we relocated The Original Parker Brothers Trail Dust Steak House after 42 years in the area of Aubrey Tx to SANGER TEXAS Trail Dust Steak House in Sanger still "packs `em in" and has remained basically unchanged since the opening Date in 1973 Our Original philosophy remains unchanged and the Original Parker Brothers Trail Dust Continues to build an outstanding reputation relying on the excellence of their steaks as well as the cheerful attitude and friendly service of their loyal Personal
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Great food and super service. We were not there on a night with the band, but I understand that is really fun. We will definitely go to eat again probably on Friday or Saturday so we can enjoy the food and the dance floor!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

First off, I have never written one of these reviews but felt it would be a disservice not to on this one. I've driven past this place for years and wondered if it was any good. Well, today I found out that it's defintely worth passing up to eat much better food at Prairie House, which we have eaten at for years and love! From being greeted at the door by a guy that was eating steak and talking to us with food in his mouth to the strange dingy smell and spacey wait staff, I was totally unimpressed right of the bat. Now onto the food. I ordered the chips, salsa and queso appetizer because I read a review that said it's defintely worth a try. 20 minutes later a basket of plain, tasteless tortilla chips with a water-thin cheese substance and mediocre salsa came out. Yes, I said 20 minutes later! I decided then I def. wasn't going to order anything else for myself (it was 1/2 off appetizers and I thought I might try something else if I was still hungry or planned to share with my boys). During this wait time I walked around a little with my 2 year old and stopped at the fire pit where they cook the meat and have an open window that is for the purpose if watching them cook, and the whole area there just looked unsanitary. Then, finally the food arrives. My son's hamburger with a honking thick piece of meat. It was so greasy that it soaked through the bottom of the bun. The small serving of sweet potato fries were kinda lifeless and bland. My other son's chicken was grislie and fatty with a strange texture on the outside and a funny after taste. Can you say scary?! We didn't eat anymore of it. At this point I was completely over this place and asked for the bill. A manager came by and asked how everything was. I just told her so-so and that honestly Prarie House was much, much better. She wanted me to elaborate but it was all around bad and not worth going into. Please don't be pulled in by the slide and dance floor. That stuff is fun but the food is an after-thought. I've tried many different things from Prarie House and have always been pleased with the awesome country cooking and BBQ. Plus, you just can't beat a clean restaurant and good service. I came home and asked my neighbor if she had ever been to Trail Dust. She immediately made the yuck face and said they've tried it several times and always regret it. Sorry Trail Dust. You lose.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Driving back to Denton from a funeral in Frisco, my family needed to eat dinner. This is one of the few restaurant choices along the way so the 7 of us stopped in for dinner around 7:30 on a Thursday night.

The first thing we noticed when walking in was how dark it was. REALLY dark. Then the noise. There were only a few tables of people but it was too loud to have a conversation at the table. Part of it was the music. REALLY loud music. But part of it was the other diners. The acoustics are terrible in this place.

The walls of the restaurant are covered in the ends of ties. I guess the gimmick used to be that they cut off ties if diners came in with a tie on. Cute, I guess.

The coolest thing about this place is the slide. There is a staircase with a slide next to it. That's pretty cool for kids. Unfortunately, with the acoustics, you can't have a dinner conversation because of the screeching and squealing of the kids.

Then there is the food. First they brought the salads. Iceburg lettuce, a thin slice of tomato, a few croutons and blue cheese dressing with no blue cheese in it. Blah. Then The Texas toast. There was nothing toasted about it. It was thick untoasted white bread drenched in some yellow oil. AWFUL. The beans were pretty good. But the steaks weren't. They were small and tough. They weren't really bad enough to send back but they weren't good enough to finish.

The best thing about the meal was the baked potato. It was really good.

My father in law said his barbecue sandwich wasn't very good.

So, to recap...... dark, noisy, bad to mediocre food. But the slide is cool if you have kids with you.

1  Thank Rebecca B
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Years ago, this location was a great place to go celebrate and have an awesome steak! Drove from Plano to Lincoln Park in the late 70s and 80s to eat here. Later went to the location on I35, restaurant row area. Loved both, food was great and worth the money!
Moved close to the Lincoln Park location and tried it a couple of times.

First time, went when band playing and sat in main room. Fun to watch the serious older dancers and children having fun. The serious dancers did not seem to like the little kids dancing though, potential collisions and having to sidestep the kids. Band was good, not great. Cocktails overpriced for this environment. $7 for a small well drink! Ordered the Chicken fried steak and it was obviously frozen breaded patties. Thought that was our mistake, should have order steak at the steakhouse, duh! Next time, sat in room not by dance floor, order the most best steaks available but not the huge ones. Salads came out late, tasted like they were 3 days old. When entrees arrived, the sides were all over cooked and the steaks were not edible. If we had cooked these steaks at home, would have thrown them in garbage and then gone out to eat.
I am so sad this Texas icon has fallen to this level.
No wonder the other locations have closed. So sad....

2  Thank Beke3300
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I wanted to go to the Traildust since it is famous for its' tie cutting, and the Dallas restaurant went out of business and driving by the Arlington restaurant, the parking lot seems to be emptier by the day. My husband insisted we go to the original in Lincoln Park, and I am glad we did. After we got there, I Googled the history of the restaurant and discovered all the restaurants were sold except one, and that is the Lincoln Park location. Thus the name, the Parker Brothers Trail Dust, so this is the original, and the one and only.

Walking in, its an old red barn that is dimly lit. We were there at 1:30 on a Saturday afternoon, some folks there but not many. There are both, booths and long tables with a small dance floor. The kids were enjoying the two story slide. Walls are covered with tie bottoms and little cards identifying the owner and the occasion.

We were seated immediately, server came over immediately, took the drink orders and gave us time to look over the menu. The husband had steak and ribs, I had steak.

Salads and baked potatoes were average. Beans were excellent.

But the meat...well.. the meat was so stellar that they outweighed the sides.

The ribs were fall-off-the-bone tender, some of the best ribs I have ever eaten, no sauce required.

Steaks were both delicious, cooked to perfection. Seasoned to perfection. Tasted perfection. What can I say, they were perfect.

Sizes were so large we ended up with a to-go box for both of us and had another meal.

Highly recommend the PARKER BROTHERS Trail Dust... drive to Lincoln Park, its worth the trip.