“Horrible!! June 7th 2014”

Quality Inn And Suites
Ranked #22 of 26 Hotels in Denton
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Worst place I've ever stayed at! Should be named NO Quality Inn and Suites!!
I couldn't get the door to open on the 1st room I was given so I haul all of my stuff back to my vehicle and drive to the office only to be told "Oh, you have room 255. You have to lift up on the handle to open that door". He was right and then my next shock was after I finally found a light to turn on. The room hadn't been cleaned and I don't think I would have wanted to stay even if it was. They did finally get me into sort of a clean room only to find out the following morning that the small coffee maker and it's pot didn't match.....
I'll keep driving next time.... andI've got pics and video for any No Quality Inn reps that need them

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed here one night before a trip to San Antonio. The rooms were okay and clean but very dated and in need of renovation. It has good onsite parking for large vehicles (I drive motor coaches) however, both entrances have steep inclines and you can only enter thru the back unless you want to drag. The hotel lobby is dark and musty smelling. I left before breakfast. Location is good and right off the interstate.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2013

This place was terrible!!! The pictures online were very deceiving .... So we decided to call before booking and was told that it was a newer hotel and also that it was only 2 miles from Texas Motor Speedway. Both were lies....it was far from being even close to new and the Speedway was over 15 miles away. The lobby was nice and that that was about it. The stairs getting to our room were a hassle. In addition, you had to be very careful because of obstacles on the wall etc. Then, our room was in much need of repairs. The lamp was broken with wiring exposed, the phone didn't work, and there wasn't a lock on the adjoining door. Our daughter stayed in another room and she didn't even have a lock on her door. Needless to say, we cancelled our reservation for the other two days and moved to another hotel. I definitely would NOT recommend this hotel!!!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Over several years I've favored the Quality Inn in Denton because it is a good location, reasonably priced, good service and great breakfast. After having not been there for just over a year, we booked a 3 day stay recently and was somewhat disappointed in that the place is starting to really show it's age. Even the once fantastic breakfast bar is now only good. This is not to say that the place is not a good stay, just that it has lost the excellence it once had. I'm hoping to find some improvement by the next time I stay there. An example of one of the little things that used to be a nice "extra" was having carafes of coffee with several bottles of Torani syrups available along with a popcorn machine. Now gone!
Service was very good with the exception of the young lady in charge of the breakfast room who seemed to be more interested in dozing off that checking the food line. The desk clerk was very efficient and courteous.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 October 2013

This hotel had a nice, big lobby and breakfast area. Food was acceptable. The bed was in good shape and comfortable. The room was clean. The building was older but in good shape. Good location. Friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2013

we have stayed in a number of Choice Hotels and this was the worst. The room really needed updated as it was in need of fresh paint, the door from the inside looked like someone had tried to get out and not at all appealing, the curtain was coming off the hooks. The air conditioner was not hooked up The gentleman did come down right away to plug it in. The beds were very comfortable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2013

I've been staying here twice a year for six years and in the past few years it had really seemed to be declining. On my last check in I was informed that they were under new management. The changes were immediately noticeable. My room was very cleanly, the front desk staff was friendly and very helpful, and most importantly the parking lot was well-lit, which it hadn't been in the past. Robert was especially helpful and very professional. I was very impressed and look forward to continuing to stay here.

Room Tip: The highway side is close to the lobby, very safe and well lit and convenient for parking and unload...