“Clean at a Reasonable Price”

Studio 6 Denton - UNT
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Lowell, Arkansas
“Clean at a Reasonable Price”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

THis property formerly was a La Quinta some time ago.. It is a basic facility that does not offer breakfast (not that budget establishment offer much in the way of breakfast) or bathroom toiletries.. It is adjacent to I-35 but far away so that noise is nopt a concerm. The clmate control worked properly and there was plenty of hot water during my two-night stay. I was never able to figure out the shower operation but did not contact front desk.
There is a Greek -American restaurant next door and a hamburger joint next to the restaurant.
This motel is about 1.5 miles west of Denton Center on a moderately busy street.
THe motel. is apparently in a transition mode as there were numerous tables and chairs in the small lobby propably dating to the a Quinta period. Several very large boxes were in the lobby awainting unpacking..

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank dachinghwa
Nick P, General Manager at Studio 6 Denton - UNT, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your recent stay at the Motel 6 UNT. Your feedback will be shared with the team to serve as recognition and encouragement; as we strive to continuously improve our guest experience. Thank you again for sharing. We hope your next visit will be even better.

Nick Patel
Motel 6 UNT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Denton, Texas
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Of course, motel 6 is super cheap and known for their "inexpensive" rooms. I called the receptionist to book a room for TWO nights. The receptionist was obviously a non-english speaking person. He did not understand what I was trying to say at all and got frustrated when I asked him to repeat himself. Long story short, after I gave him all my credit info, I decided NOT to book with this motel just because of the unprofessionalism and rudeness of this man. I told him TO NOT book my room for me and if I wanted one, I'll just come IN PERSON to book the room. He assured me that if he even booked it, I will receive an email confirmation (in which I did not). Of course, I never ever went back trying to get a room. I'll rather spend more money elsewhere where I would receive better service.

Eventually, I noticed a charge come up on my card! I called to speak to a manager and nobody was available. Eventually, my bank got a hold of the manager and he said that he would "further investigate" and get back to me. He assured me that he did not want my money and I will receive a refund after his investigation. I NEVER RECEIVED A CALL BACK NOR DID I RECEIVE A REFUND. He also told me that I was booked for four nights! Um, no you dumb zhit, i asked for two nights because I was there on a business trip.

Rude, non-english speaking, money hungry motel and staff! No wonder they are on the BOTTOM of all the motels and hotels in the world. I've never booked at any MOTEL 6 before and this situation proves exactly WHY I will NEVER book from them or from any Motel 6!

Room Tip: Just stay away from this cheap motel!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Julie H
Nick P, General Manager at Studio 6 Denton - UNT, responded to this review, 29 March 2014
Dear Ms. Julie H,

I really appreciate your taking the time to let us know of your disappointment with the no-show charges billed to you. I know how frustrating reservation problems can be and do apologize for the inconvenience.

However, we expected you on your scheduled date of arrival. We prepared your room for you and held it all night. Since the hotel was full, we turned away several other guests in order to be sure your room would be waiting for you. For this reason, we cannot credit the no-show charges. I am sorry.

Again, thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts with us. We value you as a guest, and I do want you to know that your concerns are our concerns! Please stay with us again soon so that we can demonstrate our commitment to your comfort.

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 26 February 2014

This is by far the best places I have ever spent. The service has been of top notch and its by far the most economical motels I have ever been to. The beds are so soft.. the staff has been so good and the location is awesome too. I have been to the other motel6 in denton but this one is of no comparision to any other motels in the similar price range!

Thank you Motel 6 UNT for the wonderful hospitality!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the M6 Denton. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

New Brighton
Reviewed 31 December 2013

Clean and comfortable at a reasonable price - I'm starting to see a pattern with Motel 6 of late. There were even pictures on the walls of our room (219), making it feel almost homey. Front desk guy wasn't particularly warm and friendly, so there's that. I don't see a reason to stay elsewhere and pay more.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Creeb
Nick P, General Manager at Studio 6 Denton - UNT, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our location and changed your view for Motel 6. I am glad that our staff was able to welcome you to our hotel, as it is one of our main goals to meet each guest's expectations. We do appreciate you sharing your good experience and we hope that you stay at our location again.
Waco, Texas
Reviewed 23 December 2013

For starters, we stayed at the Motel 6 in Denton, TX and when I made the reservation on the motel6.com website (a day or two in advance), I made it for one room w/ a king sized bed w/ a microwave. Upon check in, the front desk agent informed me that there were no more rooms available w/ a king bed and that the only thing they had was a room w/ two doubles and no microwave. I asked if I could get a discount b/c that wasn't what I had reserved, especially since I gave my cc info to hold and guarantee that particular room. He said that the room rate is the same regardless, which is a joke. The least he could've done was offer me the going hotel rate, which was about $7 cheaper than what I was offered online. If I had known the room wasn't going to be available, I would've booked somewhere else. It's quite frustrating when you drive a long ways thinking that you're paying for one thing only to get the complete opposite when you arrive. My husband and I ended up taking the room b/c we needed rest. When we turned the tv on in our room, we were frustrated that FOX news was the only channel muted. You could see the picture, but hear no sound. This is how the hotel had it set up and there was nothing we could do about it. Ok, really? Does this hotel chain allow the managers and staff to run the place however they wish? I can understand that some people don't like FOX, but it's the hotel's job to be hospitable to ALL guests. When I went to check out, another front desk agent was on his cell phone the entire time and said nothing to me. I had to ask if we were done! Nice customer service! I've stayed at other motel 6's before, but this place made me think that spending a little more money at a Best Western or Marriott is worth it than dealing w/ shady service.

• Stayed December 2013
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with a function recently held here. I want to personally apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations.

We want our guests to have the best experience possible where every area of the hotel is clean and spacious and all services are on-time and of the highest quality. You can be confident that we will follow-up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Nick Patel.
Rapid City, South Dakota
Reviewed 21 August 2013

While this property was sold from laquinta to motel 6 the upkeep and service is still very good.

The Good: staff is eager to help. pool is meticulous and partially shaded. A little diner resides adjacent to the property that serves average diner food - but its a good price and good service. Several good restaurants in the area (try Viet Bites). The beds are remarkably comfortable. The bathrooms were cleaned well (this is something I always look for in a hotel). The room was in good condition. The air conditioner is overpowered for the room and straight up could refrigerate beer if you wanted it to - so that is a huge plus. I have been staying a week now on business and there has been no late parties or anything like that so its quiet. My car has been safe in the parking lot. Maids do a good job cleaning every day.

The Bad: Ice machine is either not working or the other guests at the hotel are constantly filling up massive coolers because I can only ever seem to achieve a half a tin of ice. The guest laundry is not good - I would advise using off site laundry facilities. the pool is small. The new management does not provide continental breakfast as indicated.

Overall: this is a good location close to the colleges and the highway. If you are not looking for a stay at the Taj Mahal this is an economical, clean, well run hotel for a great price. I have no significant complaints. I would stay here again and I would suggest to friends and family.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank pirate_langostino
Nick P, General Manager at Studio 6 Denton - UNT, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the 4850 Denton. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Omaha, NE
Reviewed 19 July 2013

I chose this place based on the LaQuinta name, paying an extra $15 a night over another option. What a mistake.

Having reserved a two-bed, non-smoking room, we arrived and were told that there were no more non-smoking rooms. The desk clerk said the woman who assigns the rooms just puts people in smoking rooms by default. After insisting on a non-smoking room, we were "upgraded" to a suite.

The rooms were filthy. Dirt on the walls surrounding the air vents, a giant hole burned in the carpet, and furniture with stains on the upholstery. And the door either didn't lock, or when it did, wouldn't open afterward. (Fire hazard!)

Midway through our three-night stay, we received a letter saying the hotel would no longer be a LaQuinta and a Motel 6 sign was hoisted into place outside. Whatever the brand, I wouldn't stay here again if you paid me.

Room Tip: No good options.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank subwayrat
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your in not having the exact type of room your wished when you visited us. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

I know it is important to have a room which meets your specific needs, and I know that it is an unpleasant experience to have to settle for less than you want. You can be confident that we will follow-up with your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.