“***Warning*** Americas Worst Value Inn”

Americas Best Value Inn and Suites Denton
Ranked #20 of 25 Hotels in Denton
Houston, Texas
“***Warning*** Americas Worst Value Inn”
Reviewed 23 July 2010

I checked in and checked out. The rooms are horrible. They smell of old wet carpet. I thought it was just that one room, but when the front desk suggested I view other rooms, they were all in the same condition.The female front desk personnel was very unprofessional and rude, especially after you tell them about how unpleased you are with their hotel. She cussed at us several times and called us CHEAP. I reported this incident to the corporate office

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank spoo0321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 29 June 2010

I walked into the room and just started laughing! This seems like some seedy hotel you see people take hookers to in a movie. Out of the 4 lights in the room, only one (sort of) works. Not to mention everything is falling apart and/or rusty. It's absolutely filthy! The TV was the room's only saving grace, and what do you know? That ALSO stopped working. I will NEVER stay at one of their hotels ever again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank jenm906
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 25 May 2010

I was so ready to swrite a legimate medicore review for this one star hotel. We were only staying there one night on our way to Kansas. Expectations were not that high honestly. First, the desk lady was nice, but sort of that fake nice where she had a nice tone but still wasn't listening to a word I was saying. NO FREE WI-FI. I was told it had been broken for a while. Woke up a little late and called the front desk asking for an extended check out. A very nice man said it wasn't a problem. At 11am the maid opened the door without knocking. I told her we had a late checkout. 11:30, Another women banged on our door yelling at me that they were on a schedule and had to rent this room to other people so we had to get out immediately. Even though there were only about 3 cars in the parking lot. I really don't think there was a line of people waiting to get into this place. I told her I had called the front desk, and she interrupted me and said she was at the front desk and I did not call HER (note I talked to a man). Then she lied about calling my room??? Very rude. I was taken back by the extreme rudeness to a customer. WOW! Don't stay here. There are better options.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VirginiaEvans
denton
Reviewed 3 April 2008

NEVER STAY HERE!!!!!!

This place was horrible. I was working on the pipeline and had already been staying here a month and the staff communication was horrible it took me 5 days to get a simple pillow the shower head never got fixed as well as a light. The staff including the owners do not speak good english at all so you might have to draw a picture for them to understand you or you'll have to repeat yourself about five times to get your point across. They are very stingy too my girlfriend was staying with me a couple days adn they accused her of staying there for two weeks just to try to get more money out of me. The only person that was any help at all was a lady named Betty that works at the front desk and when she tried to help me out they started accusing her of lying among other things. They also ran my debit card without my consent which also mad me mad. You would think that if they were making 1200 a month off a person they would be treat you with a little more respect. All in all this place is horrible and i would not reccomend it to anybody i would rather sleep in my truck then put up with the stuff i had to here.

Stayed March 2008
2 Thank visconti1247
Reviewed 7 June 2005

This was by far has been the dirtiest and moldiest hotel I have ever stayed!!!!!! The wallpaper was falling, mold on the vents, and dirty base boards (just try to keep your eyes closed and wish you were home). The $200 plus for the fantasy suite was much to a disappointment as any extra profit this company has is not going back into the rooms. The comforter was even dirty...thank god it was thrown on the chair first thing. Don't even think you will want to step foot in the hot tub...microbe haven?!?!? Ramada corporation should be embarrassed to have their product name on such filth. The fantasy suite is a great idea but stay in Dallas or get a romance weekend package in San Antonio you will get more "bang" for your buck but also have a town that offer more entertainment. Don't waste you $$$$$ ....this hotel was terrible ....just because of dirt and filth. rite a review - TripAdvisor

• Stayed April 2005
11 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 January 2005

Went to the Ramada inn Fantasy Suite in Denton Texas and stayed in the Ceasers Palace Room. Had a ball! The jacuzzi was great! The only complaint was the bed. I know that this room is supped to be like the Roman days but I really did not expect to sleep on a rock. And that is what the bed felt like! Other than that it was great!

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 24 September 2004

On my recent stay at the Ceasar's Court Room I was very dissappointed. The carpet was stained and nasty looking. The huge whirlpool tub not only had rough bottom from the finish of the tub coming up but when you turned on the whirlpool it smelled of sewer water. Needless to say... we did not use it. The "wine glasses" were turned down on the deck of the tub making you scared to use them due to germs. The room smelled musty. For the price, I would have thought there would have been some special touches. I would suggest previewing room before renting.

14 Thank A TripAdvisor Member