“Excellent Stay At Hampton Inn, Desoto, Tx”

Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in DeSoto
Reviewed 16 June 2014

My stay at the Hampton Inn & Suites was absolutely wonderful. What made the most difference for me was the professional kind friendly staff. They really cared about me and my stay at Hampton Inn. From the time I walked into the very modern hotel lobby to check in I was greeted and treated with kindness by each member of the staff. My suite was excellent, very clean and extremely comfortable. The breakfast bar is not a bar...it feels like a restaurant. The food items were fresh hot and delicious. I have stayed at a lot properties which boast 4-5 star ratings. I would certainly give the Hampton Inn & Suites Desoto, Tx very high marks for product and service!

Room Tip: Rooms on the North side 4th floor are quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Not the best or the worst. Rooms were nice but housekeeping left someone else's used towel in the bathroom. Staff seemed new and not very talkative. The eggs for breakfast were pretty bad but the evening desk guy was super nice. Overall average ..

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Chrrob01
Reviewed 30 May 2014

In driving up to the hotel, the first thing we noticed was the FULL trash can in front. It stayed full every single minute we were there. The elevator broke down and it took a long time for them to get it working again ... almost 12 hours. Other than that, the hotel is a good value for the price. The hot breakfast was decent and well kept.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Sharon D
Reviewed 30 May 2014

over all our stay was very nice. We will be staying at Hampton hotels again.I do think that I will ask for a room that may not be so close to families with small children. I will look closer at the desk clerk ,to see if they are playing on phone.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

I spent one miserable night at this hotel. The air conditioning thermostat was broken, so the room was a stifling hotbox. A call to the front desk was no help, because no other rooms available. All during the night, the roar of the traffic from the nearby interstate was quite loud. It was like I was sleeping on the median. In the morning, the water pressure in the shower slowed to a dribble. Taking a shower was a challenge. All in all, this hotel is not up the the normally high standards of Hampton Inns.

Room Tip: If your option is to stay at this hotel or sleep in your car. I recommend sleeping in your car.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank David C
sonalimajmudar, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear David C,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay here. We sincerely apologize that you were not happy with your stay, but are certainly glad that you pointed out the issues you experienced so that we could correct them. In regards to your air condition, it had been serviced and cleaned the day you checked in and unfortunately was not put back together properly, so we sincerely apologize for that. It has since then been corrected. The shower head in your shower was also replaced after your stay. We want you to of course experience what our property is really about in regards to customer experience and invite you to come back and stay with us complimentary in the future so that we can show you real DeSoto warmth and comfort. Please contact me when you will be in the Dallas again and my team and I will be sure to make sure your stay is perfect!

Yours in hospitality, Sonali Majmudar

Reviewed 20 May 2014

The hotel was not a bad hotel, it's just that i had problems with my room mainly the bath room. Shower came apart, the shower curtain was dirty and a spider was on my bed. I've stayed in hotel to know things happen, but somethings can be avoided and no one appears to care, because they didn't callme back like they said they would.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were staying there because my wife had back surgery. They did extra to make her feel comfortable and help her rest and recover. The staff was very friendly and did everything they could to help us. Great stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near DeSoto
La Quinta Inn & Suites Dallas South - DeSoto
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dallas South-DeSoto
Hilton Garden Inn Dallas / Duncanville
TownePlace Suites Dallas DeSoto
Holiday Inn Express Suites - Duncanville
Days Inn & Suites DeSoto

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Dallas-Desoto? Share your experiences!