“Nice little spot”

Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: At Cafe 131, we're all about FRESH and LOCAL. We use local producers wherever possible -- many from right here in Dripping Springs. Our food reflects our quaint Texas farmhouse-style building and whatever's fresh and in-season!
Austin, Texas
“Nice little spot”
Reviewed 25 January 2013

This is a spot my wife and I enjoy going for lunch or dinner before going out. The food is usually the very good and the staff is attentive. Nice outdoor seating on many days. Out most recent visit was for lunch last week. Their menu is diverse and always has new items. It is a small intimate place to dine. Only bad thing about our last visit is that it was cool outside and cool inside. I had to keep my jacket on and did not drink the ice water. I actually ordered hot chocolate and I do not like hot drinks. Don't let that scare you.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank midsouthbuckeyes

Johnson City, Texas
“wonderful place”
Reviewed 14 November 2012

What a great stop on the way to the Texas Hill Country! New owners have a wonderfully inventive menu, good wines and service. Fresh and local and delicious!

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Susan K
Austin, Texas
“REAL FOOD??? YOU MEAN BAD FOOD”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Myself and a co-worker decided to try this place for lunch...the waitress was nice but did not seem to know anything about the restaurant itself or the menu. Their website is totally inaccurate, 1/2 of what is on there they do not offer anymore.We both ordered Ice Tea - which tasted like the container that held it was moldy. So we ordered a can drink.They do not offer and appetizers, but did offer us some queso and chips (which the chips were burnt and chewy Our food came and my Chicken Fried Steak sat in a puddle of grease, the mashed potatoes were like eating soup so I had to order fries, which were ok... my friends Turkey sandwich was so dry and stale that the bread broke when picking up. I like to give every place a chance but when you spend 48.00 on lunch and EVERY SINGLE THING is really bad, I have to worn others, will I eat there again..NO I cannot afford to take that expensive of a chance.

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank lettucecook
San Antonio, Texas
“Best Creme Brulee Ever!!”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I was expecting "diner" type food but was pleasantly surprised with there fresh ingredients. I has the cobb salad with ranch dressing and my husband had a hamburger with fries. The fries are thin and crispy (I tasted a few). The prices were reasonable and the creme brulee was the best I ever had even though it was in a deep cup instead of a shallow one.

• Visited July 2012