“"Cheers" in Dripping Springs”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Dudley's Wine Bar and Tap Room
Cuisines: American
Description: This is a wine bar. The only food offered was a meat plate, cheese plate and some olives and bread. So, not sure if this should be listed as a "restaurant" or under "things to do"
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I stopped at Dudley's after the strong encouragement from a pair of local residents I met at Westcave Cellars. I am very glad that I did.

A wine bar initially seems out of place among the few historic structures on Mercer Street. But, it works because of the people. Walking in, I was quickly greeted by George behind the bar (his business card lists his official title as "cruise director"). He was very knowledgeable about all of the wines and beers available and happily offered sample pours of several. Shortly after receiving my drink, I was greeted by the owner, Adam.

The friendliness at Dudley's was amazing. It was an immediately comfortable conversation between me, George, Adam and the other patrons. If Cheers had been filmed in Central Texas, this would have been the perfect setting.

So, when exploring the Hill Country outside of Austin, don't miss this friendly watering hole in Dripping Springs.