“The closest thing to real mexican food in town”
Review of El Rey

El Rey
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 August 2013

The prices are really good and the food is too. It doesn't have the fancy building, decor, playground, or prices. Across the board this is just good mexican food for Dripping Springs.

Reviewed 4 May 2013

We were visiting family in Austin and they suggested this restaurant for lunch. As a native of New Jersey I always look forward to visiting the southwest for good mexican food. We loved this restaurant even my husband who is not crazy about mexican food enjoyed his meal. I would definitely stop here again when we are in the area. The service was great and the atmosphere is pleasant and fun. If you're looking for good mexican food this is your place.

1  Thank kathyt08069
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I am surprised to be the first to review El Rey on Trip Advisor. We have been several times and the food has been excellent every time. I do not care for the green sauce they give with chips, but the red is good. There is no doubt that the service has been sub par on several occasions, but with managed expectations and great food, it is good spot. I would recommend if you are going with families or just out for good food.

1  Thank midsouthbuckeyes