“Weekend Away”
Review of Mt Gainor Inn

Mt Gainor Inn
Reviewed 6 August 2013

Laurie and Jerry were awesome hosts at their B&B. We had a nice relaxing weekend there and it was more than we expected. Friendly, clean, beautiful appointed rooms, and peaceful.
Great food also. Would recommend it to couples looking to get away or just a stress free
weekend.

Room Tip: All rooms are unique, none are the same. Most have large jacuzzi bathtubs but some don't. All r...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I spent 3 days at Mt. Gainor Inn celebrating our anniversary and it was beautiful and unforgettable. I choose this B&B because we had never stayed in one and I wanted something more memorable than staying at a chain hotel. I hit the jackpot! This place is
secluded enough where you can hear your own thoughts and relax. The innkeepers are warm and inviting and more importantly, genuine. Each room has its private deck where you can sit out and have a drink and just talk without interruptions. I loved the hammocks and gazing at the stars. I completely recommend this place. If I'm ever in the area, I would definitely stay here again. No need to look elsewhere.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Hideaway, which is modern but still has the farmhouse charm
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria F
Reviewed 23 July 2013

My wife and I were looking to "get-a-way" for a few days. This place fit the bill perfectly. We stayed here during the week and often were the only guests on the property. It was so quiet, you could hear a car approaching from several miles -- fortunately not many cars came by. The owners were very gracious, and the breakfasts were worth writing home about. The room/cottage we stayed in was very nice. The only down side with getting a way, is that it is a 10-15 minute drive to even buy a coke or a burger. But that's what we wanted.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mt Laurel cottage. I would do that room/cottage again.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 March 2013

My husband and I stayed in the Mt. Laurel room our wedding night, it was more beautiful than I could imagine. We both felt right at home, and far enough away to continue our special night. We enjoyed the outside jacuzzi, with a bottle of champagne even though it was below 50 degrees outside. Our room was beautiful, and everything was so quiet, we definitely felt like we had the place to ourselves. Breakfast was amazing, and ready right away. The owners were very nice, and never kept us waiting; they talked us as if they'd know us for years. We will definitely be going back for each anniversary. Night of our stay:February 28, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank julieandjohnL
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My wife and I planned a weekend away in Dripping Springs. For roughly the same price as any hotel, the Mt. Gainor Inn is WAY more bang for your buck, in addition to a truly wonderful place to stay. The food was outstanding. The accommodations were unique, serene, and offered much more of a memorable experience than booking at the Marriott. We will be back soon, and would encourage anyone to stay here. The bedsheets are amazing!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jvbunge
Reviewed 1 January 2013

We were looking for a B&B that has privacy and great views for a quick get away before Christmas. Found Mt. Gainor Inn online and reserved the newest room, The Veranda. We arrived after visiting some of the local winery's and were greeted by Jerry, one of the owners, who showed us the property. The room on the 2nd story, has wood floors, a cozy king size bed with soft luxurious linens, spacious bath with stand alone shower and a jacuzzi tub for 2. Oh, and the best thing, a covered balcony with the great views. The next morning, Laurie had coffee and homemade country breakfast waiting in the dinning area downstairs. A great choice for an internet pick, and yes, we will be back...........

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Scott B
Reviewed 19 December 2012

My wife and I decided to spend a week exploring the Texas hill country. We wanted something central to the area but out in the country. This fit the bill perfectly! Quiet and serene with beautiful rooms, delicious breakfast and great hosts; we couldn't have asked for more!

Room Tip: Visit the Stone Creek Cafe nearby for dinner: Yum!
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PabloZ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dripping Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Spri...
#1 of 3 in Dripping Springs
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - Dripping Springs - Austin Area
Holiday Inn Express & Suites - D...
#2 of 3 in Dripping Springs
Outpost Motel
Outpost Motel
#3 of 3 in Dripping Springs
Sage Hill Inn & Spa

Been to Mt Gainor Inn? Share your experiences!