“Help, I am in the room now!”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Dumas
Conroe, Texas
“Help, I am in the room now!”
Reviewed 22 May 2007

Oh wow! You have to get me out of here. Let's forget the fact that I am in Dumas, TX. No, you know what, let's not. I am in Dumas, TX and there appears to be a few decent hotels in town, but this is not one of them. I am tentatively laying in the bed currently and not sure I can fall asleep. The sheet has stains (although I think it is clean???) and the toilet had a few stains on the underside of the lid that came off (if you know what I mean).

The tub is actually broken on the bottom. Not just cracked, but literally broken. It appears they have tried to cover it up with one of those matts. I don't know where the water is going. Now, I know sometimes some people need a place to go for cheap, but seriously, if you are strapped for cash, spend one night in your car and then use the money you saved there to add it to the next night and get something else. On top of that, for three nights I paid 85, which is not really that cheap.

If you are wondering why I am here it is because someone else got me the room (here on business) and it seriously is the only hotel room available (oil refinery here is getting back up and running).

My room smells like urine and looks like something from the 60's. We didn't go to places like this when we were growing up and we were poor! I am embarassed and I just hope I can sleep. Wish me luck!

If you want positives, here they are. The AC works real well. The room has a fridge and a microwave and the fridge is brand new. The walls were obviously recently painted and they have internet access (kind of, it comes in and out repeatedly). They also have a breakfast, but I haven't been to that yet (can't come soon enough though). Its' in town (is that a positive?).

• Liked — I get to leave (I think, I hope),
  • Disliked — the urine smell really does it for me
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank donut44

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
colorado
Reviewed 30 April 2007

Needed to stop for the night. There was a AAA sign at the desk. We assumed it would be ok for the night. The room was not clean, towels were brown, not white...We were on the 1st floor, people above us were loud and we could tell every time they walked around. I can't believe AAA would want their approval of this dump. Also, there was a huge hole in one of the walls...looked like someone got mad and punched it????
I may even send an e-mail to AAA.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank signfive

Travellers are raving about these Dumas hotels