“Good Stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dumas
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Dumas
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Just another great stay in this hotel. It has what we need when we are traveling. Great service an time of check-in and breakfast was great. Rooms are clean and comfy. The location is easy to get to, especially after driving for hours.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Juan R
GM Diana B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dumas, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

I'm really happy you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to make every guest stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you soon.

There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dumas

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We had been on the road for 12 hours on our way back home. We were just looking for a clean quiet place to get out of the car and sleep. The lobby was very clean and the staff was very nice. Went up to our room and my husband left to get something for dinner. I picked up the remote to relax and flip channels. There was a plastic card by the TV that listed off all the channels. I started flipping and found that most of the channels were not working. Called the front desk and was told only the HD channels were working. Well, of course, the one channel I wanted to watch wasn't in HD. So back to flipping I went only to find out that most of the HD channels weren't working either and the ones that were working weren't in the right place. Husband went down to the desk and was giving a paper list of the correct working channels and which number they were on. This was still not correct. The working channels weren't in the right places so you just had to randomly scan thru the 100 or so messed up channels to find the 20 that worked. I finally just pulled out my laptop and watched Netflix instead.

During all the searching for a channel to watch while we ate, we noticed that we could hear EVERY word of the conversation that was going on the room next to ours. I mean EVERY word. They weren't yelling or anything. But they might as well have been in the room with us. Apparently they were also headed home after a long drive and were talking to their kids back home to get updated on what was going on. We could even hear them over the TV in our own room being on. Thank goodness they went to be early too. If they had decided to stay up and chat all night, we wouldn't have gotten any sleep at all.

The breakfast in the morning was nice. The area was clean and well stocked. The room was very clean, large, and nicely laid out. But since we weren't told about the TV problems at checkin or when we inquired twice about the problem and having to listen to our "neighbors" talk to their kids (I am sure they felt the same way listening to us), it seems to me that $110 for the night was way too much! I think we might have done better staying at the Super 8 down the street for alot less money.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank HolterHouse

Thank you very much for taking time to share your comments online. Please accept our apologies for falling short of your expectations with our new TV Channels We are sorry for any inconvenience you experience due to the noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we hope that you would give us a chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Reviewed 18 April 2014

I Stayed At This Hotel Last Year While Visiting Family And Friends In The Area And Enjoyed It And I Was Not Disappointed This Time Either. This Hotel Is Very Clean And Modern. My Breakfast Was Very Good. My Room And Its Bathroom Were Both Excellent With Plenty Of Space And Amenities And Are Apportioned Very Well. My Bed Was Very Comfortable And The Shower Was Invigorating. The Staff At This Hotel Are Excellent And Very Friendly And Helpful. The Computer Room Has Two Computers For Guest To Use And They Are Well Equipped With Very Good And Fast Internet Service. I Had Everything That I Needed At This Hotel. I Call It "The Oasis On The Plains".

Room Tip: I Have Stayed At This Hotel Three Or Four Times And I Have NOT Seen A Bad Room Yet!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Eugene R
GM Diana B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dumas, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for a wonderful review. I'm really happy you enjoyed your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express in Dumas,TX. We strive to make every guest stay a pleasant and enjoyable. I truly hope we will be seeing you soon and once again thank you for taking the time to review our property.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I made a reservation with this hotel two months prior to my arrival date. Two hours before I arrived I called to make sure my room would not be cancelled. When I arrived I was told they overbooked and I was being sent to the Super 8. I was traveling from Minnesota with my family and I had an employee rate, I work at an HIE in Minnesota. I specifically asked the woman working if the Super 8 would have the same amenities as the HIE, she had told me yes. When I asked why I hadn't been sent to a better hotel in the area, the lady said that every hotel in the area was booked. I went to the Super 8, they didn't have the same amenities as the HIE. I then walked outside in frustration and called a neighboring hotel, they had plenty of rooms available and the amenities that my family had needed. I called the HIE to ask the woman why she had told me that the Super 8 had the same amenities and also that every other hotel was booked. The only answer she had for me was,"I didn't say that ma'am." I don't know what to tell you." As a front desk staff member of a Holiday Inn Express I know this treatment is unacceptable. Worst experience with a Holiday Inn Express.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Caycee G
GM Diana B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dumas, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

We truly value your comments all the good , the bad, and the opportunities to improve, Were sorry we fell below your expectation regarding customer services and the room confusion. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate department. We take the confidence our guest place in us very seriously and work experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to make your stay the best as it can be.

Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

My wife, daughter and mother were driving back home on a spring break trip. I called ahead to make reservations and the front desk was very helpful and professional. A couple of hours later, my family arrived at the hotel and were greeted and checked in quickly. The rooms are appointed nicely with furnishings, and my 9 yr old daughter reports the pool is fantastic. Images of dolphins in the base of the pool is a great feature. The two queen beds, and sofa bed are very comfortable and provided a quality nights rest. Morning breakfast was a generous variety and enjoyable. Highly recommend, and will stay again most definitely!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GM Diana B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dumas, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Thank you so much for choosing the Holiday Inn Express in Dumas! We are always pleased to hear from our guest and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay. See you next time!

Reviewed 2 December 2013

My husband and I stopped here for the night after a long drive from Colorado. Check-in was easy and the front desk was friendly. I will say that the pool and hot tub are under construction right now but we were offered use of the pool and hot tub at the next-door hotel. We had a king-sized room which was nice and comfortable. We got an excellent night of sleep on the bed and enjoyed a quick breakfast before we hit the road.

My only complaint is that our room only had one small trash can. This became an issue because we had got some takeout and I had no where to dispose of our trash. If there was just one more in the room, I would have been happier.

This was a good night of sleep so I was happy.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
GM Diana B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dumas, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property.We truely appreciate all your feedback .We will look foward to seeing you again soon and enjoy our new indoor heated pool design.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Was traveling with my entire family, and it was getting late. After a quick search did not turn out favorable hotel deals on the east side of Amarillo, we continued up Hwy 287, and stopped in Dumas. The Holiday Inn Express had a good rate, and the building is obviously new and fresh. I like Holiday Inn Express hotels, because you generally know what you are going to get, and this was no exception. Hotel was clean, staff was more than hospitable, and the room was spacious. It was a very quiet, comfortable night's sleep, and breakfast was good. It was well worth staying the night, rather than pushing a few more hours home.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GM Diana B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Dumas, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a great review about your stay with us in Dumas.We value you your loyalty to our brand and hotels.We are pleased that our location was suitable for your needs and you found your room clean and comfortable.We strive to provide facilites to make your stay memorable and we are glad you were able to experience it.

We hope to see you again soon.