“Thanksgiving”

Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Dumas
Reviewed 3 December 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 2 December 2013

The room was clean, spacious and very reasonably priced at $64; king bed and sitting room with sofa and recliner. It was a bonus to have a sink in the room and one in the bathroom. Shirley helped with our reservation on the phone and was at the front desk when we checked in. She was very friendly and helpful. She asked if we qualified for any discounts; I liked that - usually I have to ask if the property accepts any AARP, AAA etc. discounts. Breakfast was okay; better than just a continental but the gravy was thick enough to cut. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 November 2013

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2013

There should be no excuse if we booked a king bed and they gave it away. They need to update the reservation program. Lame reasoning by the staff.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Although the property itself was fine (newer, clean, spacious room), the staff we dealt with was less than competent. Upon check-in, we were told that there was no reservation number for us EVEN THOUGH I had called twice to confirm it and had a reservation number in hand! The clerk could find no record of the number. Fortunately, there was a room available. Next, we were told that there would be a $50 damage deposit, which, if paid in cash would be refunded the next morning, but if paid by credit card could take up to TEN BUSINESS DAYS to be removed. What???? Never have been asked for anything like that before. They said that the rooms are checked for damages when guests check out. All I can say is, they must get a LOT of partiers in little Dumas, TX. OK, so we go through all that, pay cash, get it back the next morning and check out. I receive a receipt that says PAID IN FULL. The next day, in checking my bank balance, I notice that $96 has been charged to my card, even though I had paid in CASH at check-in. When I called to see what the deal was, I was told they had no idea why that happened and they would certainly remove the charge, but it would take TEN BUSINESS DAYS to remove it! Ugh. The front desk manager conveniently never seemed to be available. I have checked my balance and will say that the charge has now been reversed, but only after I complained REPEATEDLY. Just save yourself the trouble and go somewhere else!

Reviewed 24 October 2013